• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Bonjour ! I am Vim!

Vim

Hello fellow cubers!

I'm Vim, 27, maths teacher from France, who got into "cubing" (as in solving the 3x3) when I was in high school, nearly 10 years ago (time flies!).

I got into cubing when, earlier this year, I finally caved in and bought a Rubik 4x4. Why did I buy a Rubik cube you say? Because I thought that other brands were either cheaper, or worse in quality (Made in China stereotype). The Rubik 4x4 is so hard to turn and so frustrating that I went to a toy store and bought another 4x4, "any 4x4 other than Rubik. Oh, and stickerless". One thing led to an other, I also got a 2x2, Pyraminx, Megaminx and Square-1.

I went to my first competition last week-end, and had a good time! Even if I finished last in nearly every event, I can't wait to go to another competition, with better times.

About the cubes I can solve: 2x2 (~30 sec), 3x3 (~1 minute), 4x4 (~4 minutes), Pyraminx (~30 sec). I tried to learn Megaminx and Square-1 before the competition, but it was too hard for me.

Right now, I'm trying to improve on the 3x3 by learning another method, probably the Roux since it requires less algorithms, and I'm too lazy to learn algorithms :p

Apart from cubing, I also do a bit of coding for personal projects, I play Tetris, and I take care of my cats, dog and fiancée. But I mostly work on my classes now, school's in less than a month already!