• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Bonjour! Fastest CFOP-er in Byron, Il

Whats your favorite method?

• Total voters

Kole Hedrick

I am glad to be here i always look on here for tips and i managed to shave off 30 seconds from my previous best time. Thanks to all of you!
I am very glad that now there will be people willing to help me hone my skills and, Hopefully, become one of the fastest cubers in the world!
HA like that would happen although i would like to be much, much faster so HELLO!!! FORUMS!!!

Eva

Welcome.
Good luck,but with a lot of hard work and dedication I'm certain you will get very fast (not that I'm fast :p).

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I personally chose CFOP because when I was down to about a minute with the beginner's method, I decided that I wanted to get faster, so I started looking up advanced techniques. Well I guess I just went with the first tutorial I found online and have been using CFOP ever since. I would really like to try Roux or ZZ but I have already put so much time into CFOP and I'm still not even that fast haha.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
My signature says it all. I use CFOP, but I don't like it as much as Petrus or Roux. I like big cubes, so using Roux as my main 3x3 method doesn't make sense since it doesn't work for the events that I care about most. But I really like other methods. I use Petrus and Roux for FMC more often than CFOP, as well.

I personally chose CFOP because when I was down to about a minute with the beginner's method, I decided that I wanted to get faster, so I started looking up advanced techniques. Well I guess I just went with the first tutorial I found online and have been using CFOP ever since. I would really like to try Roux or ZZ but I have already put so much time into CFOP and I'm still not even that fast haha.

You are not so fast that you can't switch. Alexander Lau, who is the fastest non-CFOP user in the world (and maybe just the fastest in the world, period) switched to Roux from CFOP when he was a decent amount faster than you are. He averaged 20 with CFOP when he switched. You should really consider it. Even if you keep using CFOP as your main speedsolving method, you can learn other methods and practice them also. Seriously, go for it. :) Also, practicing other methods will help you build skills that are applicable to CFOP. There aren't really any negatives to you learning a new method.

TanookiTrev

I also use CFOP mostly (and am faster with it) but I prefer Roux. I haven't fully committed to either method yet though and it shows in my times :p

Millet

YouTube
Visit Channel
You should definitely have included the ZZ method, it's popular enough to be up there. I voted "other" instead.