• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Square-1 comparison

Which square-1 is the best on the market without considering their prices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WCA
2023FUKU01
Budget square-1 comparison
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/budget-square-1-comparison.74142/
Best square-1 comparison
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/best-square-1-comparison.73861/

X-Man Volt has long been the best square-1 on the market. However, Yuxin has rolled out a new budget square-1, which is fully magnetic. Some square-1 experts even switch their main from the X-Man flagship to the yuxin little magic square-1 M, which is quite a bit surprising. However, the question is, which one is the best?

Last edited:

NewoMinx

WCA
2016CHES01
X-Men Volt has long been the best square-1 on the market. However, Yuxin has rolled out a new budget square-1, which is fully magnetic. Some square-1 experts even switch their main from the X-Men flagship to the yuxin little magic square-1 M, which is quite a bit surprising. However, the question is, which one is the best?
I prefer the volt but don't use it due to pieces breaking

WCA
2023FUKU01
Ylm sq1 needs B mod to be good
I have done half of the b-mod on my yuxin little magic m Square-1 (adding magnets to the edges and cutting away the dome of the core), and it works great. After adding 4*1 magnets to the magnet slots in the edges, the top and bottom layers gave a loud clicking noise. I glued the magnets in place and the noise has gone. However, the top and bottom layers felt sluggish even after lubrication. I cut away the dome of the core and the top and bottom layers have become faster but still controllable. The slice is very fast since the magnets in the slice is weaker than the top and bottom layers after the b-mod. Overall, my yuxin little magic m Square-1 has improved by a lot after doing the b-mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.