• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Method for ZERO inspection?

Rainger

What would be the fastest method to solve a cube with no inspection time. Basically if you were handed a cube and had to solve it without having time to look around and plan? I know it’s a silly question but I’ve been thinking about this and wanted some of your opinions. Roux? CFOP? Beginner Method? Petrus? Heise? 3 style?

Yours truly,

Rainger

Sion

If I were handed a cube without inspection I'd inspect my roux blocks during my first moves

If any kind of inspection was illegal, I'd say LBL is the friendliest for that purpose as you are barely tracking anything in the first few moments of the solve.

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
What would be the fastest method to solve a cube with no inspection time. Basically if you were handed a cube and had to solve it without having time to look around and plan? I know it’s a silly question but I’ve been thinking about this and wanted some of your opinions. Roux? CFOP? Beginner Method? Petrus? Heise? 3 style?

Yours truly,

Rainger
It would probably be LBL with full OLL and PLL or CFOP. LBL is a method that doesn't require much thinking, just doing. For CFOP, there won't be as much efficiency but after the cross is done, it's basically smooth sailing.

Blau

ZZ because planning EO does not take more than 2 seconds (I am a zzer) and you can track cross pieces during eo solution. You dont get the black magic efficient cfop solutions that inspection allows, and as a barebones cross+4 pairs, id argue zz is better. Plus zbll gives you 1 look last layer for zz.
Starting with cross is definitely the best because you just find 4 edges and solve them, can easily be done sub 1.5/2.0. By using CFOP, F2l would have started before you even started the solve.

It would probably be LBL with full OLL and PLL or CFOP. LBL is a method that doesn't require much thinking, just doing. For CFOP, there won't be as much efficiency but after the cross is done, it's basically smooth sailing.
lbl is basically
1 cross
2 bottom corners
3 E layer edges
4 last layer(OLL PLL)

but CFOP is
1 cross
2 f2l pairs x4
3 last layer

basically combining 2 steps, definitely faster for CFOP.

If you have good lookahead like max park you could just plan your first pair during cross and do standard CFOP and average around 7.0
If you suck at CFOP and can't even track your first pair then CFOP will still be faster obviously because the only difference between with and without inspection is doing the cross.

Besides both CFOP and LBL requires almost no thinking for anyone who has been using the method for a while, just muscle memory.

Swagrid

YouTube
Visit Channel
Starting with cross is definitely the best because you just find 4 edges and solve them, can easily be done sub 1.5/2.0. By using CFOP, F2l would have started before you even started the solve.
Can see, plan, and execute EO in about 1.5 and I know Gen can do it sub 1. I could pay attention to the cross edges and influence them during the eo solution and lookahead to them throughout it. Them it's my nice regripless RULD F2L, and of course, could do 1LLL if I was a good cuber that made good choices.

turtwig

ZZ is essentially a CFOP variant where you put more effort into your start (solving EO) in order to make the rest of your solve easier, so I think CFOP would have a comparative advantage the less inspection one had. Personally I think CFOP would also have a comparative advantage against Roux, since one of the main benefits of Roux is efficient solutions for the first 2 blocks which would be likely be weakened with less inspection (in comparison to how much cross would be weakened). 3 style obviously has it the worst. Using 3 style in a solve with inspection, you offload a huge portion of the solve (finding the solution) to the untimed portion, so obviously it would be much worse without inspection (and empirically, 3BLD times, which are essentially 3 style without inspection, are much slower than even an intermediate cuber could get on 3x3 without inspection).

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Yours truly,

Rainger
Interesting question. CFOP Roux and 3-style require planning at the start so they are not the best for zero inspection. My best bet is beginner's cross followed by advanced CFOP.

Take clue from 434 cubes in 1 hour attempt by Max Park. He has no inspection and averaged around 8.5 seconds.

TheKravCuber

WCA
2019MARA05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Definitely gonna have to disagree with everyone saying Roux here. Roux really starts to shine if you can plan as far as possible. Even looking at high level solves you will usually find Rouxers taking 10-12 seconds of their inspection before solving while it isn't uncommon to see a fast CFOPer inspecting for like 2 seconds and then start solving. No inspection Roux is a pretty nasty handicap imo and it definitely isn't the best inspectionless method for that reason.