• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best cubes for multiblind?

• Thread starter Underwatercuber
  • Start date
WCA
2016DERO04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yuxin lil magic has crappy stickers, it's best to get stickerless. They come like super loose ootb so it requires some work to set them up. I do like them better than mf3rs after all (both are my multi cubes). I have like 10 lil magics and 15 mf3rs, just ordered 10 ymls more last week. Haven't tried mf3rs2 yet.

The MF3RS2 is the closest thing to a GTS2 that I ever tried. Well set, this cube is solid, sturdy, but also decently fast.

The YLM isn't "bad" but feels too cheap for me, and the fragile plastic feeling throws me off, lol.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Yuxin lil magic has crappy stickers, it's best to get stickerless. They come like super loose ootb so it requires some work to set them up. I do like them better than mf3rs after all (both are my multi cubes). I have like 10 lil magics and 15 mf3rs, just ordered 10 ymls more last week. Haven't tried mf3rs2 yet.
Thank you very much for the info. I actually really like to set up cubes and break them in so I will not mind having to do several at once:).

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have 30 Yuxin Little Magic Stickerless, and it is hands down the best cube for MBLD (even better than MF3RS or the Sail).
It has also made my execution errors to almost zero as the turning is crispy and fast, and it never catches or locks up!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I have 30 Yuxin Little Magic Stickerless, and it is hands down the best cube for MBLD (even better than MF3RS or the Sail).
It has also made my execution errors to almost zero as the turning is crispy and fast, and it never catches or locks up!
The YLM are the cubes that I am planning on getting several of soon for MBLD. I was talking to someone at the competition that I was just at and he said that with out the magnets in the the cube it is not a great cube. How true is that? I have heard that even with out the magnets the cubes is still pretty good, but after hearing two different sides I wanted to see what the more true one is:) Thanks.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes. The Little Magic is very light and fast. This can make it a bit too tricky to control for blind but with magnets it's awesome. I have a nice set of 11 at the moment with another 5 virgin cubes waiting for magnets once I get a bit better at MBLD.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Yes. The Little Magic is very light and fast. This can make it a bit too tricky to control for blind but with magnets it's awesome. I have a nice set of 11 at the moment with another 5 virgin cubes waiting for magnets once I get a bit better at MBLD.
Thank you for the info.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I recently did a 25 cube multibld using only non-magnetic Little Magics, and none of the DNFs were due to execution. If you tension them right and dot turn too aggressively you shouldn’t have a big problem.
Great and thank you for letting me know. I think that I will get the YLM's and over time magnetize them.

How did the 25 MBLD attempt go?