• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best cubes for multiblind?

• Thread starter Underwatercuber
  • Start date
U

Underwatercuber

just wondering what you guys think are the best cubes for multi and why. I am thinking either yuxin little magic or mf3rs because if I buy 30 of them it’s only going to cost $120 and they are good cubes whereas if I bought something like gtsv2s or valks then it would cost $600 for a great cube.

Last edited by a moderator:

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
It will be around $90 from magiccubemall for little magics, there's not much point in getting it a few days faster for $30 more, budget cubes are surprisingly good these days but also they are very good out of the box and don't need much set up to keep them good, whereas my gts2 keeps needing Maru or it slows down.

P.s. I'm no expert, I have never solved more than one layer blind (I know it's edges then corners not lbl for the proper method)

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use Warrior Ws. They're not exactly flexible, though they can corner cut fine. They're pretty good none the less and quite cheap.
They do have a logo though, but unlike the valk logo, you cannot actually feel it; I've had 2 delegates approve them for BLD events (James Hildreth and Walker Welch)

If I ever get move MBLD cubes, then I'll probably go stickered cubes, or stickerless cubes without logos, just to avoid possible rejection.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
They do have a logo though, but unlike the valk logo, you cannot actually feel it

*facepalm

Completely forgot about logos. But I guess if the Warrior W is ok . . . Can you scuff all 6 center caps of a cube with rough sandpaper until the logo might be visible, but not distinguishable (by touch) from the other center caps? It seems to me that if you're concerned about logos, an even bigger concern would be an even slightly chipped, off-center, or crooked sticker.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
*facepalm

Completely forgot about logos. But I guess if the Warrior W is ok . . . Can you scuff all 6 center caps of a cube with rough sandpaper until the logo might be visible, but not distinguishable (by touch) from the other center caps? It seems to me that if you're concerned about logos, an even bigger concern would be an even slightly chipped, off-center, or crooked sticker.
I have a stickerless Thunderclap v2. It has a Valk3-esque logo, that is distinguishable by touch, though not enough for many delegates to notice.
I really like the cube and James is a particular stickler for cube logos. I wanted a second option for 3BLD because my main's stickers were a bit chipped and he might not let me use it. I rubbed off the logo with sugar, as per a tutorial on here. However, the sugar also rubbed of the slick feeling of the cube and left the center cap even more distinguishable than before (though the logo was completely gone!). At my next competition, my main was rejected and I forgot about the messed up center cap. I re-submitted my Thunderclap v2 for 3BLD, but Walker stopped me again. I had a Warrior though, which he approved.
I asked if my cube would be legal if I rubbed down all the other center caps so that they were indistinguishable, and Walker said yes.
However, this leaves the cube feeling not nice, so I wouldn't recommend that course of action.
Just get a cube that doesn't require modding (aside from maybe magnets) in order to compete with.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
So now that I have been getting in to MBLD I would really like to get a set of the same cubes that are consistent, because at the moment I only have 15 3x3 and they are all different cubes.
If I were to get let say 25 cubes, what would be the best option? and especially now with logos being illegal, what cube has easy to remove logos, but still great for MBLD, that is also pretty cheap? Also, I would really prefer stickerless cubes, if there are some that have easy to remove logos. Thanks.

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So now that I have been getting in to MBLD I would really like to get a set of the same cubes that are consistent, because at the moment I only have 15 3x3 and they are all different cubes.
If I were to get let say 25 cubes, what would be the best option? and especially now with logos being illegal, what cube has easy to remove logos, but still great for MBLD, that is also pretty cheap? Also, I would really prefer stickerless cubes, if there are some that have easy to remove logos. Thanks.

Yuxin Little Magic

T1_M0

WCA
2017NORR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yuxin lil magic has crappy stickers, it's best to get stickerless. They come like super loose ootb so it requires some work to set them up. I do like them better than mf3rs after all (both are my multi cubes). I have like 10 lil magics and 15 mf3rs, just ordered 10 ymls more last week. Haven't tried mf3rs2 yet.