• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Available State Records?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I also have the Michael records for 3x3 single, 4x4 single/avg, 5x5 single/avg, 7x7 single/avg, OH single/avg, fewest moves, megaminx single/avg, pyraminx single/avg, clock single/avg, magic single/avg, and master magic single/avg. (Note I'm not counting people named Michal, since that's spelled differently.)

I'm tied with you on fewest moves. My name is technically Michael; I just like to go by Mike.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Exactly! Honestly though, it would be nice to have a state-by-state breakdown within the US. It would definitely let me know of other cubers out there that live in my area. It could also give easier access to contact local people about possible competitions.

I believe that is part of what cubingusa.com was designed for.

Yup, that was basically the main point of CubingUSA.com.

For the competitions I've run (MN Open 2007/2008, WI Open 2008, Twin Cities 2009), I've collected participant's zip code. This helps me determine where competitors are from (for future competitions), and when planning events. For example, I can tell that no local competitors participate in blindfold, so I don't bother to put it on the schedule, and will add it if someone asks.

But yeah, if people registered on CubingUSA.com, I could periodically grab the WCA results and determine the State record holders.

Sorry! Didn't even know about CubingUSA.com.

So, it provides exactly what you've been wanting, yet you still haven't signed up yet? :)

anyway, I'll check with Ron or Stefan to see if there's some way they'd like me to pull data and I'll work on displaying state records. Obviously, many of them won't be accurate because some people won't be on the site.

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I think i have the PA records for:

4x4 Single
5x5 Single/Average
6x6 Single/Average
7x7 Single/Average
Megaminx Single/Average
Square-1 Single/Average
Clock Average

The other events are probable, but I'm quite sure about those events ;)

I think you could claim it for every event. >_>

Are you forgetting Jason and Alex Cook?