• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Available State Records?

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This brings up an interesting point.

Perhaps we should start collecting more information about a competitor during the registration process. This would allow for more in-depth analysis of results by region, gender, etc. The WCA is still pretty small, but it is growing quite fast. I think it would be great to eventually have more information about each competitor which can be entered into the database and analyzed. I think now is a good time to start.

Well that's make me a little happier, glad the idea popped up. So I guess the best way to start is to make sure people on this site add themselves to the list on the Wiki. Those links take you to their profiles, and if they have a WCA profile, there's a link to those from there.

I agree. Although I wouldn't think of it as a big deal if I was the fastest in Alabama, it'd still be cool to have a breakdown of the cubing world by state.
Yeah, it would one of those things you tell any friends of yours that are interested in your cubing, and I have several of them. ;)

I think I'd hold the state record for Michigan... unless there are other MI cubers I'm unaware of. xP
If I ever move back in the future, I'll give you a run for your... ______?

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I'd hold the state record for Michigan... unless there are other MI cubers I'm unaware of. xP

Jon Morris.

Yeah, I just thought of him minutes after posting.

And IamWEB, if such classification were to exist, I'm pretty sure you can pick your state like people do country, you either live or originate there.

Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Oh, and by Texas records I mean this:

The best time achieved by a USA citizen during a competition held within Texas state lines.
OutOfComp. - The best time achieved by a USA citizen who resides in Texas, while in Texas. Well, I wonder if it would count if I went out of state for a week and broke a record here, and then came back?

In WCA comps, you represent your home country, regardless of where you are.
So actually, as long as you live in Texas, it should count...

After checking records, the best time that fits the qualifications is 13.97

I still had my Texas license when I did my 13.22 :p Do I win?

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh, and by Texas records I mean this:

The best time achieved by a USA citizen during a competition held within Texas state lines.
OutOfComp. - The best time achieved by a USA citizen who resides in Texas, while in Texas. Well, I wonder if it would count if I went out of state for a week and broke a record here, and then came back?

In WCA comps, you represent your home country, regardless of where you are.
So actually, as long as you live in Texas, it should count...

After checking records, the best time that fits the qualifications is 13.97

I still had my Texas license when I did my 13.22 :p Do I win?

You're shelly, you win regardless. :cool:

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tim Sun is from NJ originally.

So, I think i have the PA records for:

4x4 Single
5x5 Single/Average
6x6 Single/Average
7x7 Single/Average
Megaminx Single/Average
Square-1 Single/Average
Clock Average

The other events are probable, but I'm quite sure about those events ;)

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01

4x4 Single
5x5 Single/Average
6x6 Single/Average
7x7 Single/Average
Megaminx Single/Average
Square-1 Single/Average
Clock Average

And I have the Burton records for 3x3 (s/a), 4x4 (s/a), 5x5 (s/a), 2x2 (s/a), oh (s/a), bld, magic (s/a), mmagic (s/a), sq1 (s/a), clock (s/a), pyram (s/a), megaminx (s/a), fewest moves, & being cool. I do not have the Burton record for youngest or oldest. :p

ajmorgan25

WCA
2008MORG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree. Although I wouldn't think of it as a big deal if I was the fastest in Alabama, it'd still be cool to have a breakdown of the cubing world by state.
Yeah, it would one of those things you tell any friends of yours that are interested in your cubing, and I have several of them. ;)

Exactly! Honestly though, it would be nice to have a state-by-state breakdown within the US. It would definitely let me know of other cubers out there that live in my area. It could also give easier access to contact local people about possible competitions.

Last edited:

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01

Exactly! Honestly though, it would be nice to have a state-by-state breakdown within the US. It would definitely let me know of other cubers out there that live in my area. It could also give easier access to contact local people about possible competitions.

I believe that is part of what cubingusa.com was designed for.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have every possible Gottlieb record. But that was an easy one.

I also have the Michael records for 3x3 single, 4x4 single/avg, 5x5 single/avg, 7x7 single/avg, OH single/avg, fewest moves, megaminx single/avg, pyraminx single/avg, clock single/avg, magic single/avg, and master magic single/avg. (Note I'm not counting people named Michal, since that's spelled differently.)

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

4x4 Single
5x5 Single/Average
6x6 Single/Average
7x7 Single/Average
Megaminx Single/Average
Square-1 Single/Average
Clock Average

Well, seeing as how I'm from Missouri you also hold the record for Clock Single, and then somebody else (not you, too lazy to check) holds the record for 2x2 single. Unless flooom is from PA, then I wouldnt have held it anyway.

I hold MO records for:
2x2 single
Clock single and avg
Sq1 single and avg
and I think I am tied with Waris for Magic avg, and I have single by .01

everything else belongs to either Waris, Siraj, or Ravi.

I claim Leyan Lo in the name of New Jersey! :p

Do I count as New Jersey as well?

Not sure where Tim Sun or Joseph Gibney originate from exactly.

What, I told you before. :p

I claim all "Tim" or "Timothy" records: 3x3 single/average, 4x4 single/average, 5x5 single/average, 2x2 single/average, 3x3BLD, 3x3OH single/average, megaminx single/mean, Square-1 single/mean, Magic single/mean, MM average, 3f single/mean.

For "Sun," I got it all. :p

Last edited:

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01

Yup, that was basically the main point of CubingUSA.com.

For the competitions I've run (MN Open 2007/2008, WI Open 2008, Twin Cities 2009), I've collected participant's zip code. This helps me determine where competitors are from (for future competitions), and when planning events. For example, I can tell that no local competitors participate in blindfold, so I don't bother to put it on the schedule, and will add it if someone asks.

But yeah, if people registered on CubingUSA.com, I could periodically grab the WCA results and determine the State record holders.

Tyson

WCA
2004MAOT02
I have every possible Gottlieb record. But that was an easy one.

I also have the Michael records for 3x3 single, 4x4 single/avg, 5x5 single/avg, 7x7 single/avg, OH single/avg, fewest moves, megaminx single/avg, pyraminx single/avg, clock single/avg, magic single/avg, and master magic single/avg. (Note I'm not counting people named Michal, since that's spelled differently.)

Well lucky you. I personally have been having a lot of trouble with all the "T. Mao" speedsolve records.

ajmorgan25

WCA
2008MORG01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Yup, that was basically the main point of CubingUSA.com.

For the competitions I've run (MN Open 2007/2008, WI Open 2008, Twin Cities 2009), I've collected participant's zip code. This helps me determine where competitors are from (for future competitions), and when planning events. For example, I can tell that no local competitors participate in blindfold, so I don't bother to put it on the schedule, and will add it if someone asks.

But yeah, if people registered on CubingUSA.com, I could periodically grab the WCA results and determine the State record holders.

Sorry! Didn't even know about CubingUSA.com.