• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Australian Nationals 2013 (Canberra)

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok now everything is over I want to take the time to thank everyone for making this one of Australia's best competitions ever (if not the very best). We had a huge increase in attendance and still managed to get through a ton of events and rounds in one and a half days.

There are way too many people to name, but everybody that contributed even in the smallest amount made this competition as good as it was. And an especially big thank you to those who contributed a whole lot throughout the weekend. You all know who you are, and all your efforts are greatly appreciated. I now have complete confidence that we can continue to tackle big competitions in Australia without worrying about logistics and sticking to schedule.

I promise we'll have at least one more competition somewhere in Australia before the year is over. Keep your eyes peeled for further updates!

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Late DYKs:

-I saw Feliks at the airport, just like I did before going to Worlds 2011 and Worlds 2013
-Richie can, and does, kick himself in the head
-I bought a $1.75 baguette for my lunch on the first day
-After eating about half, I dropped it back into the bag it came in because I needed to compete
-The plastic at the bottom of the bag broke and the baguette fell on the floor
-Jayden hasn't been cubing nearly as long as me and is way faster
-Jayden is too fast
-After the second day of competition, Brock, Jason and I went with Jayden back to his house and did 2x2 for hours
-Jayden wouldn't play guitar for me :(
-Jayden has 2 'l's in his last name
-Jayden got 10 medals :O (Feliks got 11 and Brock got 7 I think.)
-I'm talking about Jayden a lot
-Jayden
-I beat my megaminx PB by over 30 seconds
-In competition
-Even though the time was only 6 seconds under the hard cutoff
-I also beat my 6x6 PB by 1:25, also on an official solve
-That solve was also my first ever 6x6 solve on a shenshou, my first one using freeslice, and my first 6x6 solve in over a year
-I got a 51 move FMC DNF because noob
-Twas fun

NEONCUBES

Im so annoyed. I don't come on to the site in months and I miss probably the only competition that I would be able to attend. But oh well at least its good to hear about comps in Australia for once.