• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Australian Nationals 2012

Which weekend do you prefer for AN2012?

• Total voters

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Oh, thanks Rob :D I thought isaw that get posted but I couldn't find it again.Cameron & Faz, what were your solutions to those solves? I'm not finding anything that great.
There was a solution me and Feliks got that Cameron didn't (maybe 5 move layer cancelled in to antisune, Cameron was too busy using eg probably) and there was the R' F R F' U2 solve that we all did. They were REALLY easy and the others were just "nice".Note that my 3.8 average was mostly 2 look last layer.

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just interesting: what were your times for 4x4 and 5x5 attempts? Did you do sub-8 in 5x5, for example?
The memo errors halted me from finishing any full attempts for 5x5 BLD, so I probably did have sub-8 DNFs. :p

Most of my big cube BLD attempts felt like they went on forever, because I spent so long looking for the center memo mistakes. The only attempt worth mentioning is the 4BLD DNF(~4:40) off by 3 corners.
Ok. But its sooo painfull to memorize 25 cubes for nothing. I feel really sorry for you.
What do you think: How many cubes could you do sub 1 hour?
Good luck next time..
Thanks Dennis, surprisingly I wasn't all that let down.
The attempt from the previous night indicated that my accuracy had dropped heaps, so I braced myself for a miserable attempt. 25 cube multi attempts still seem very achievable, but my accuracy needs work.

NSKuber

WCA
2011OBLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh, thanks Rob :D I thought isaw that get posted but I couldn't find it again.

Cameron & Faz, what were your solutions to those solves? I'm not finding anything that great.

I'm not sure, but I placed red "hole" in the DFR, and then if I solve red with U R U' R' I see RURURFRF CLL, and RURU cancels the layer solution, so it's only R' F R F' needed to be done, AUF can be 1-looked too. Anyway, if I got this scramble, I would have done some other solution :(

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure, but I placed red "hole" in the DFR, and then if I solve red with U R U' R' I see RURURFRF CLL, and RURU cancels the layer solution, so it's only R' F R F' needed to be done, AUF can be 1-looked too. Anyway, if I got this scramble, I would have done some other solution :(

I meant all the solves. 4th one is obvious haha.