• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Australian Cuber Jerseys

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To all Australian cubers,

I'm sure many of you are aware by now that "Team USA" jackets were arranged for participating American cubers at World Champs, and they were super awesome and made everyone that didn't have one jealous. In the past some auscubers have talked about having team shirts or something like that. So I figure now is a good time to do something about this to make it happen. Even though I'm not an Aussie I'm still pretty much an auscuber (at the very least, I am not a patriot to my country of birth). Therefore I don't see any reason why I shouldn't get involved in this :p .

The purposes of this thread are twofold:
1) To get an idea of how many auscubers would be interested in purchasing a team jersey.
2) To come up with a design idea (if there is enough interest).

At this stage I would have no idea of price; hopefully I could get something done for less than $40 each, but I really have little idea at this stage. This weekend I am going to visit a place nearby my apartment and get a quote. Also, there might be some debate as to whether we should get either t-shirts, polo shirts, hoodies, jerseys, zip hoodies etc. etc. I can only imagine that getting different items would increase the overall cost, and therefore I will probably only look into getting one type of clothing, and I would suggest a zip hoodie, similar to what the Americans had.

If you are an Australian cuber please respond to these two questions:
1) Are you interested in having an auscuber jersey? (and are prepared to pay for that jersey; it will not be free)
2) Do you have any design suggestions? This includes the type of clothing (especially if you disagree with a zip hoodie), the colour, a logo, and what would go on the front and back.

If you are not an Australian cuber please stay out of this thread; if you have something you would like to say or a suggestion to make, please send me a PM.

P.S. I am also open to the suggestion of doing "team oceania" jackets rather than auscubers, if enough NZers show interest and the aussies don't object >.<

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yep the zip-hoodie sounds good, I'm in. (I'm sure plenty of others will be too)

As for the design, something reasonably plain (like the USA jackets) would be good. I wouldn't know the first thing about actually designing it though.
Team Aus would be better than team Oceania though :p

KarlCubing

Hahaha this is a great idea. I am from Australia and I would be interested to buy this if enough people want too. Well for the type of clothing, I want a hoodie (but that's my opinion) and maybe a black hoodie with some sort of rubiks cube at the front and Team Australia at the back?? Maybe some more design can be added as the thread gets more active... :p but yeah, that's an awesome idea!

YddEd

WCA
2012SHAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1) I would be interested, but don't know if I'm prepared to pay for it.
2) More interested in t-shirts and zip hoodies. (I might edit this for colour, logo and what would go on the back and front.
I would like team oceania jackets more :)

This sounds interesting..

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
Hoodie sounds great. I'm not gonna input on design stuff (trust me, it's better that I don't :p ), but assuming it turns out well I'd pay for one :tu

KiwiCuber

WCA
2013ASBE01
Team Oceania would be cool. The american ones did look awesome at worlds but there would never be enough NZers on thier own to make up the numbers for this so oceania sounds good (as i am definatley a patriot of NZ)

Zip hoodie sounds good as well
For the design you could have a cube like the americans on the front but with the letters of oceania in each of the cubies (one space left) with the word team above it or something like a picture of aus and nz islands on it/flags
and then obviously last names on back

YddEd

WCA
2012SHAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Team Oceania would be cool. The american ones did look awesome at worlds but there would never be enough NZers on thier own to make up the numbers for this so oceania sounds good (as i am definatley a patriot of NZ)

Zip hoodie sounds good as well
For the design you could have a cube like the americans on the front but with the letters of oceania in each of the cubies (one space left) with the word team above it or something like a picture of aus and nz islands on it/flags
and then obviously last names on back
Maybe a southern cross?

DAcuber

WCA
2013ASAA01
Yep the zip-hoodie sounds good, I'm in. (I'm sure plenty of others will be too)

As for the design, something reasonably plain (like the USA jackets) would be good. I wouldn't know the first thing about actually designing it though.
Team Aus would be better than team Oceania though :p

Feliks just wear your orange hoodie you wore in the 25.34 wr it's good luck

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd like a Team Oceania Cubing Jersey if it happens but would rather have my first name on the back(supposing names are on the back). I don't like my last name much is very common but the first name isn't.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll just point out, we don't have to have anything that specifies a country on the jersey. We could have a more general logo or something. What matters is that we are distinguished from the rest of the world, whether that is solely as Australian cubers, or as Oceania.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATE:

Thanks to input largely from Zane and Josh, I have come up with very rough and very poorly done sketches of a design we're heading towards. The overall idea is very similar to the Team USA jerseys, and I have no problem with admitting I have pretty much copied theirs for a large part. After all, why fix what isn't broken?

The general idea is this: Navy blue hoodie, with gold zip and gold writing. Logo on front with a cube and "AusCubers" underneath. Australian flag on upper back, and name of choice below that in gold writing.

I am very interested in feedback, and every idea will be taken into account! Also if someone is particularly proficient with a design program and could do up a much nicer set of images that would be of great help.

eEhr5W_Hoodie_Draft_1.jpg