• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Athletic Cubers

What sport do you play?

• Total voters

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope a scientific study can be done on how cubers who do other physical sports fair. From my personal observations, swimmers tend to do quite well in NxN events. For example Kevin Hays.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I hope a scientific study can be done on how cubers who do other physical sports fair. From my personal observations, swimmers tend to do quite well in NxN events. For example Kevin Hays.
I doubt that there is a correlation between cubers and specific sports, it’s probably just between cubers and sports in general. Cubers are generally really motivated people because they are willing to put in the work it takes to be good (learning algs, practicing, etc), which is the same as most athletes.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
yeah. I saw surprised when seeing swimming not being the most common one.
I do basketball, and swimming. Pre-covid I also did alot of soccer but now I spend most of that soccer time practicing basketball.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
It’s not uncommon for kids/teens (the majority of cubers) to do a sport. I wouldn’t imagine there is a direct correlation between the two.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My sports have changed a lot over the years.

College: rugby and crew
HS: tennis, track, xc

Now: Was big into power lifting for a few years until I injured my back doing something unrelated. Now i do competitive couch sitting mixed with running.

In terms of lifting, I know cksuperlevis on YouTube is pretty big. And I remember running into @That70sShowDude on the bodybuilding.com forums way back in the day.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
For everyone asking me to change the options to x or y sport, I CANT. The poll is already filled to the max and you can’t edit the options

ADD CROSS COUNTRY!!! Dude, it's a sport. There's no reason NOT to add it.
Besides that I only like 1 event in track: 1600 meters. Basically a mile in Imperial measurements.

I’m pretty convinced anyone that does cross country is either a masochist or insane, literally the worst part of most sports and you just do that

I’d doubt there is causation to correlation with this, sports have skill sets that differ way more than skills from different events, but it would still be some very interesting data.
My sports have changed a lot over the years.

College: rugby and crew
HS: tennis, track, xc

Now: Was big into power lifting for a few years until I injured my back doing something unrelated. Now i do competitive couch sitting mixed with running.

In terms of lifting, I know cksuperlevis on YouTube is pretty big. And I remember running into @That70sShowDude on the bodybuilding.com forums way back in the day.

Nice, I also do a lot of lifting but not just to lift, mostly just for sports however it’s very fun. Like the opposite of cross country, exept for front squats, they are absolute garbage

I’m not trying to throw real shade, just crackin jokes, however I was not joking about the masochistic part, I’ve got no clue how you guys run for that long without keeling over and dying right then and there.