• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

At last, ZZ-D method has been COMPLETED!

A Leman

I saved a copy of this file when I first read this thread, but the file is 61 pages long and would completely fill my attachment file. I don't want to give up my attachment ability for a huge file full of blatent errors originally posted by someone else who removed it; but if you give me an email or come up with another solution, I could send it to you.

Cyragia

I know this is an old thread...
But i wanted to know if anyone still has the file, because i'm quite interested in it.
Also, if this method is considered 'bad' then could the link on the wiki be removed ? Because a link to a thread without information is kinda pointless. If it's considered 'good' then I think we should make the documentation accessible and make a decent wiki page about it or something.
Anyway, I'm still interested in reading the file.

Last edited:

Cyragia

I did not, I tought this would reach more people and has mare chance of being read.
And i had to post anyway, because of the second part of my post.

Last edited:

Cyragia

If anyone's interested I could write a simple guide about ZZ-Orbit on the forum so there atleast is some decent documentation even if it's only to complete the wiki. (It'd be my first guide, so don't expect too much.)
Maybe i could generate some alternative algs too while I'm at it.
I think I understand the method, but the recognition isn't great, I suppose it won't be hard once you get used to it though...

Alternative download for GaDiBo (Sorry, no mediafire)

EDIT: ACube doesn't seem to be able to generate algs for this. If anyone knows a way to generate algs for this, please let me now.

Last edited:

GaDiBo

WCA
2013TINL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If anyone's interested I could write a simple guide about ZZ-Orbit on the forum so there atleast is some decent documentation even if it's only to complete the wiki. (It'd be my first guide, so don't expect too much.)
Maybe i could generate some alternative algs too while I'm at it.
I think I understand the method, but the recognition isn't great, I suppose it won't be hard once you get used to it though...

Alternative download for GaDiBo (Sorry, no mediafire)

EDIT: ACube doesn't seem to be able to generate algs for this. If anyone knows a way to generate algs for this, please let me now.

Thankss you so muchsssssssss

I read the document and I see alot of alg, I really excite to give up CFOP for ZZ but I face a lot of alg and I really really confuse

Last edited by a moderator:

ryn ball

I read the document and I see alot of alg, I really excite to give up CFOP for ZZ but I face a lot of alg and I really really confuse

At normal ZZ you need only 28 algs investment 7 OCLL+21 PLLs which you already know from CFOP, that variant comes with lots of algs cuz of lots of case from permutation of corners, and if you want to 1L the LL, the interesting part in ZZ is the LL so many ways to attack this from 1L to 2L. Atm I'm in normal ZZ

KimOrbit

Greetings, dear Rubik's cube enthusiasts!
Some of the members of this forum contacted me regarding this method. At first, I was shocked, seeing that this method piqued some interest. I tried answering the questions regarding the ZZ-Orbit method and was notified that the original document was no longer accessible and there were no longer any resources on this method.
I tried to find the original documentation I made nearly 11 years ago, and shared it with some enthusiasts, and with my permission, they have posted it here.
I had to study the matter further because I had forgotten all about Rubik's cube since I am no longer solving the Rubik's cube for more than eight years.
During my studies, and reviewing this topic, I felt the urge to make a few comments.
First and foremost, I should apologize for the inappropriate behavior I have shown here. And also, the criticism regarding my lack of punctuation and proper usage of English grammar was valid. So I sincerely apologize regarding these two matters.
After that, I should apologize for the way I used to explain the method, at the time I wasn't quite good at explaining a matter and getting it through to my audience. In my original document and my further comments, There were a few miscommunications, that have led the community to misunderstand the true purpose behind the ZZ-Orbit method.
ZZ-Orbit was at its heart, an academic/educational method. I tried using it for speed solving, but the attempt was mostly directed at solving a matter that was actively talked about at the time. And a problem, already having a solution, doesn't mean it can't be further optimized or devalue any attempts at doing so. ZZ-Orbit at the time was solely an attempt at fixing the missing link.
The method was indeed developed personally for myself, and I made a failed attempt at sharing the method. There are a few points I would like to mention about this method:
1) It was generally aimed at color-neutral people. I came from a 2x2x2 background, where color neutrality is the first thing one should practice. When you are color neutral, you can find the easiest blocks, regardless of the situation. That made a huge misunderstanding about the method and I failed to address that matter properly.
2) I generally never mentioned anything about the steps leading to the formation of FDL and FDR blocks. Before switching to the ZZ method, I was using the roux method, and I had shared my modified roux method here as well. The way I usually went about solving on my own was by building two 2x2x1 blocks on BDL and BDR, doing the ZZ-Orbit method, and then fixing all the edges using one single algorithm which I was quite fast, at the time.
For the sake of turning it into a purely ZZ variation, I made a few changes.
It is worth mentioning that the newly developed EOcross method doesn't change anything. Simply make the EOcross, add the BDL and BDR F2L pairs and you'll arrive at the same spot.
3) The document contains my old method as well as the ZZ-Orbit method. Pages 33 to the end are all explanations of the old method.
4) For each permutation case, two algorithms are provided. That's to give the user freedom of choice between multiple algorithms. Indeed both algorithms were chosen by two different speed solvers based on how easily they could perform the algorithms.
5) Recognition matters were explained poorly, I struggled a bit until I remembered how it was supposed to work. I should apologize for that.
----------------------
To simply clarify what this method was all about, you had your normal ZZ solve up until two F2L blocks are left, FDL and FDR.
ZZ-Orbit method:
Step 1) Then you make the FDL block and place it in its place. (30 algorithms, pages 10 - 19)
Step 2) Then you make the FDR block and place it in its place. (12 algorithms, 6 parity cases, pages 21 - 24)
Step 3) With the preparations made during steps 1 and 2, the cases in this step have been greatly reduced, which was an optimization at the time. you were left with 71 2-Gen algorithms, to permute and orient all the pieces of the last layer. (pages 26-32)
----------------------
I agreed to share the method once more simply because of educational purposes and I don't make any claims about its speed and its efficiency. Just trying to answer the curiosity made around this method.
I would be glad to answer any questions regarding this method.

Last edited: