• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Assorted Fingertricks for F2L "Stoplight" Case

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

One of these turns up almost every solve. Here is not an exhaustive list, but it shows several different approaches to the case:

Stoplight 1 Standard.gif

M U' R' F R U M'

Stoplight 2 Alternate.gif

R B L U' L' B' R'

Stoplight 3.gif

M' U R U' r' U' R U R'

Stoplight 4 BL.gif

r U R B' R' U' r'

Stoplight 7 Stuck FR.gif

R U' R' r U' r' U2 r U r'

Stoplight 8 Stuck FL.gif

L' U L (F R U2' R' F')

Stoplight 11 Rotationless macro.gif

R' U2 M (U R U' R' U' r)

hr.gif

* Music used with kind permission from Devin Townsend
Album: Ghost
Track: Blackberry
URL: http://www.hevydevy.com/music/ghost/
Copyright © 2011 HevyDevy Records

Last edited by a moderator:

peterbone

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I do most of those. Although for the 5th one why not just do the mirror of the 6th and save 2 turns?
Also, if you have algs that aren't on the F2L wiki page, can you add them? Thanks.

Last edited:

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, amazing. I really like your videos Teller. Must try when I get home from work.

Thanks! Interesting blog you've got there...I looked at your F2L permutation diagrams but I couldn't quite follow them. I like the idea though--promoting "know-ahead" over "look-ahead."

not specifically a "finger trick". but i sometimes prefer this completely 2gen (R,U-gen) algo:
R' U2 R' U R' U' R U2 R
That's pretty neat. Watching what it does gives me a headache--the whole right side comes out, cross piece and all! Waaaah!!!

For the second case, I do

y' R' U R U2 y R U R'
Two cube rotations for one case, very expensive!

Here are a couple of interesting outtakes:

Stoplight%205%20Shoot%20to%20BR.gif

F (R U R' U') S R' f'

Stoplight%209%20Stuck%20LF.gif

F2 (R U R' U') F' U F'

I didn't shoot these because I don't use them. I mean, I started using them, but they didn't stick. I like the sexy move in there, and I had high hopes for the S turn, but it's just in a bad spot. Unfinished cases...

Thorsten

YouTube
Visit Channel
I never learned Algorithms for F2l, but these "stoplight" cases are my worst cases, because i need at least one cube rotation and many moves to put them in.
So i will learn these algorithms, thanks!