• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Anyone using Yuxin Little Magic 3x3?

Reed Merrill

Hey! I was wondering what people think of this cube. I got mine right after they came out because I noticed that it had ridges on the centres and edges that are similar to the new design on the Yuexiao Pro, and it's also super light (72 grams I believe) which is huge plus for me. It's super stable and smooth with just a tiny bump, I love it.

It's my new main and I think it deserves some attention because it is seriously stable.

Has anyone else tried this cube?

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is it your main over, because if you prefer it to the valk or gts2 then yes it should be more hyped but if it's just a bit better than the MF3RS (which I currently own 12 of I think) then it doesn't matter much.
What deserves more hype is the Mofang jiaoshi 50mm 3x3x3, I don't know how many people use that as OH main but I reckon it's quite a lot, moyu, please make a full size one.

Reed Merrill

What is it your main over, because if you prefer it to the valk or gts2 then yes it should be more hyped but if it's just a bit better than the MF3RS (which I currently own 12 of I think) then it doesn't matter much.
What deserves more hype is the Mofang jiaoshi 50mm 3x3x3, I don't know how many people use that as OH main but I reckon it's quite a lot, moyu, please make a full size one.

Yeah, I prefer it over the GTS2 and the Valk. The -Gts2 was my main all summer, but the Little Magic turns more predictably than the GTS2, where I would sometimes have a layer turn unexpectedly. It's softer and smoother than the Valk, but I think performance-wise they are very similar. Its also 55.5mm just like the GTS2 and the Valk, which is super nice.

The new Cubing Classroom mini 3x3 is pretty sweet too, but I don't think it performs as well as regular size cubes, which a lot of top cubers use as their mains.

Reed Merrill

Edit: even for OH. The small performance gains don't seem looks they're good enough to switch to the cube, unless you have small hands.

cuber314159

WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I prefer it over the GTS2 and the Valk. The -Gts2 was my main all summer, but the Little Magic turns more predictably than the GTS2, where I would sometimes have a layer turn unexpectedly. It's softer and smoother than the Valk, but I think performance-wise they are very similar. Its also 55.5mm just like the GTS2 and the Valk, which is super nice.

The new Cubing Classroom mini 3x3 is pretty sweet too, but I don't think it performs as well as regular size cubes, which a lot of top cubers use as their mains.
Looks like I should get one then, maybe at some point. It would also be good to self magnetise as it's cheap, so if I mess up it's not too bad. But I do feel as though the mini 3x3x3 would be my main if it was between 54 and 56 mm, it's definitely the most fun 3x3x3 to solve.

Reed Merrill

Yeah, I highly recommend it. The stickerless version is really nice, although they're not very similar to the Qiyi or Moyu stickerless shades. They're basically half-brights.

Reed Merrill

Also, now that I'm trying my mini again I am liking it a lot more. I think I just need to not turn as aggressively as I'm used to.

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
I picked one up on a whim, very nice surprise. It's a joy to solve and hard to put down. It has a crisp feeling that I'm fond of at the moment. I'm not sure how well it holds up to solves under duress-- I'm used to magnets now-- but it's a surprise how much I like this for a non magnetic cube.

Only downside thus far is it may be a little prone to corner twists. I haven't experienced any in a solve but it doesn't seem to balk any when doing it intentionally.

allanboss131

I just magnetized mine and it is easily just as good as my magnetic valk. after about 150 solves I got a new pb of 8.25, and I haven't even lubed the pieces! if the plastic wasn't frosted it would 100% be my main, right now I am still deciding between this and the magnetic valk. INSANE cube for 5 bucks!!!!!

Reed Merrill

@allanboss131 that's good to hear! I still love mine and switch to it really often. I was also just thinking about magnetizing it. What magnets did you use? Did you get a subtle magnetic feel, or is it a noticeable bump when turning?

allanboss131

@allanboss131 that's good to hear! I still love mine and switch to it really often. I was also just thinking about magnetizing it. What magnets did you use? Did you get a subtle magnetic feel, or is it a noticeable bump when turning?
I used 4x2 n35s on the corners, and 4x1 48s on the edges. I placed them as far to the outside of the pieces as I could, so the click would be stronger. My magnets feel very slightly weaker than what a cubicle magnetic valk feels like so slightly on the stronger side, but not overbearing. It feels great, but if you wanted to use pure 4x2 n35s you would need to change the magnet placement a bit. Just for reference I avg like 14.3 so I'm not the fastest out there.

Reed Merrill

@allanboss131 Sweet! I just ordered a bunch of 4x1 N38. I'm hoping to get stability without much of any bump. Based on your magnets it seems like I may have gotten the right magnets.

This will be my first time magnetizing a cube. Do you have any recommendations for placements with the strength I got and the feel I'm looking for?

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
I

I think I was one of the first people to buy the Jiaoshi 50mm, and while it is good, it definitely isn't my main. Again, it's fine, but personally it's a tiny bit too small for me. What did you lube yours with?

cuber314159

WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I

I think I was one of the first people to buy the Jiaoshi 50mm, and while it is good, it definitely isn't my main. Again, it's fine, but personally it's a tiny bit too small for me. What did you lube yours with?
I lube my cubes with maru when the get slow, I got the mf3rs2 and it is my main (I got the SM in the same box)

Hazel

Premium Member
That's great! I'm excited to hear how you like it!
It arrived today, it's stiff and sluggish but the paper said that's expected and the lubricant will be properly broken in with 50-150 solves. Once I do that I'll give another update.
EDIT: I absolutely love it, it's now one of my 4 mains (my third favorite, under the Gan SM and Yuexiao Pro M and over the WeiLong GTS2M).
It's smooth and fast but still controllable. It has a similar bubbly-ness to the GAN SM and also feels like the yuexiao pro M a bit. Overall it's an A+ with very similar performance to the top speedcubes on the market

Last edited: