• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Any idea if cstimer is going to support gan timer so it just uses the timer instead of having to use wire and audio adapter etc...

lawofthecube

Any idea if cstimer is going to support gan timer so it just uses the timer instead of having to use wire and audio adapter etc?

I don't really like the cube station...

And don't really want to use my smart cube with it, just the regular cube!

Thanks,

:)

Last edited:

povlhp

GAN hates their customers. That is why they have started to use the MAC address as part of the encryption key. MAC address can NOT be retrieved using WebBLE due to privacy considerations.
cubeast.com supports GAN. He bruteforce guesses the key (at least for iCarry) on the server. Think there are only 3 bytes or so of variable data. But his export is not cstimer friendly.

Moyu on the other hand has supposedly opened up their protocol. The want to be the new GAN of smartcubes with their. We upcoming cube.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any idea if cstimer is going to support gan timer so it just uses the timer instead of having to use wire and audio adapter etc?

I don't really like the cube station...

And don't really want to use my smart cube with it, just the regular cube!

Thanks,

:)
I don't think the support for gan timer porting to cstimer is coming anytime soon.

Maybe if the developers get some time, they can create the porting and initialization code.

lawofthecube

GAN hates their customers. That is why they have started to use the MAC address as part of the encryption key. MAC address can NOT be retrieved using WebBLE due to privacy considerations.
cubeast.com supports GAN. He bruteforce guesses the key (at least for iCarry) on the server. Think there are only 3 bytes or so of variable data. But his export is not cstimer friendly.

Moyu on the other hand has supposedly opened up their protocol. The want to be the new GAN of smartcubes with their. We upcoming cube.
I don't think the support for gan timer porting to cstimer is coming anytime soon.

Maybe if the developers get some time, they can create the porting and initialization code.
I use gan timer as my stackmat timer for cstimer.
Well, it would be nice to not need a wire and I'd be happy to use cubeast but it only supports if cuber is also using smart cube, I just want to have an average when I start doing timing but I guess it's not a big deal!?

Just want things to be real simple...

szagunek

I have a queastion, how to connect gan timer by a wire to cs timer? I have a jack 2.5/3.5 mm and usb adapter to jack. I set stackmat in cstimer, but it doesn't work.

Rigid1

Not sure about the usb connection but I've done this to the mic jack on the back of my PC next to line in line out after trying in vain to get top panel headphone jack to work. So maybe try all usb outlets, make sure computer has this device set as mic and is receiving 100% volume on Mic when you do a mic test. Also make sure permissions are set to be able to use device.