• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Another Aussie cuber

Curado

Hi guys and girls.
I'm a 43 year old cuber from country Victoria in Australia. I've been cubing for 10 years or more and only the last few years working on speed solving with a PB of 15.57 which I got yesterday. I hope to one day enter a competition went this covid stuff gets better.

I mostly use Valk cubes as they seem to suit my solving style but just got the new tornado v2 which I'm playing around with.
I also like to collect cubes with about a 100 or more in my collection with my 13x13x13 and signed cubes being my favorites.

It's good to see forum's still around. I was into fishing forums years ago but Facebook took over and the forums went quite and then shut down.

Anyway I'm looking forward to reading over a few posts and try and sort out a problem I'm having with Cube Station.

Cheers Adam.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
Hey Adam, also a Victorian cuber here. There were a few comps out in regional Victoria (not sure if any would have been near you) at the start of the year so keep an eye out for some more. In the mean time you may want to check out the Aussie cubers thread. As for the Cube Station problem, don't hesitate to ask in the official Cube Station thread (don't have the link handy sorry). Happy cubing!

Waffles

Nice, more good Cubers from Victoria. Most competitions now are in Melbourne, but I think you might know there were some in Sale/Ballarat recently (ik Ballarat was canceled). I hope we can get some comps soon. I heard something about another Melbourne comp about a month back, but again that was a month ago. I guess we need to clear out the COVID before we can be certain on any competitions.

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member
Welcome, Adam. Would be great to hear your impression of the Tornado V2 and your settings as reference. I now have it set to Clockwise 5, Anti Clockwise 1, and Magnet 4, and it works so well for this beginner. :)

Curado

Hey Adam, also a Victorian cuber here. There were a few comps out in regional Victoria (not sure if any would have been near you) at the start of the year so keep an eye out for some more. In the mean time you may want to check out the Aussie cubers thread. As for the Cube Station problem, don't hesitate to ask in the official Cube Station thread (don't have the link handy sorry). Happy cubing!
Thanks. No comps close to me besides Melbourne which is fine I don't mind a weekend away. There was going to be a comp in Albury which was close but covid stopped that. I will definitely check up the Aussie thread.

Curado

Nice, more good Cubers from Victoria. Most competitions now are in Melbourne, but I think you might know there were some in Sale/Ballarat recently (ik Ballarat was canceled). I hope we can get some comps soon. I heard something about another Melbourne comp about a month back, but again that was a month ago. I guess we need to clear out the COVID before we can be certain on any competitions.
I'm over the north east side of Vic so Melbourne is my best bet. I've watched a couple of comps in Melbourne and even got to the world championships. When covid settles down I will get me chance.

Curado

Welcome, Adam. Would be great to hear your impression of the Tornado V2 and your settings as reference. I now have it set to Clockwise 5, Anti Clockwise 1, and Magnet 4, and it works so well for this beginner. :)
Thanks. I haven't had a lot of time with the tornado but what I have found is it's a bit quicker than I like and now have the magnet settings on 5 and the centres on 1 and 5 like you. I'm not sure if they are 1 and 5 or 5 and 1. I was over shooting my turns a bit so need to slow it down a bit. I think when it needs it's first clean I'll try some different lube.