• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Am I Competition Ready?

B-Cuber

Hello guys!

I was wondering for competition, if I should use CFOP, CFOP combined COLL, or CFOP with 2-look OLL and PLL. Which do you recommend?

Duncan Bannon

Which are you fastest with? I would use that, unless you recently learned the alg set and are afraid that recongnition will suffer at the comp.

Edit- Welcome the the forums!

B-Cuber

Well, I know basic CFOP with 2-look but the algs have hard moves. I’d learned it as an alternative to the huge list of algs for ful OLL and PLL. I am learning COLL but am not sure if it is worth it. Should I learn COLL, stick with 2-look, or learn full CFOP?

Duncan Bannon

Most people say learn full OLL before full COLL. I would listen to them ( I use 4LLL and average 20 seconds). What do you average with 2 look OLL and full PLL? F2L is most important.

B-Cuber

I just learned CFOP and I think I’d be faster with full PLL and OLL I just don’t know how I’d memorise all the algs. Is there an alternative to full PLL because I find that the 2-look PLL is kind of long and has hard moves like F, Bs, and d moves.

Duncan Bannon

Race to sub NAR (2.88) 1/3

Generated By csTimer on 2018-3-20
avg of 12: 2.42

Time List:
1. 3.10 R L U B' R' B L R L'
2. 3.30 U' B U L R U' L' B'
3. 2.23 U' R B R' L R B' L'
4. 1.75 B' U' R L B R U R'
5. 2.33 U L U' B' R' U' L B' R'
6. (3.64) B' L B' L' U B' R L'
7. 2.44 R' U R L B' R U B
8. 2.03 U' R' U B' R L' B' U' R'
9. (1.41) R L U L' B' L' U' B'
10. 2.35 U' R L B L B' R U' L
11. 2.74 U B' U L R L B' L
12. 1.90 R L' R U L B L R U

solves 8-12 are a 2.09 ao5.

Good average on not very good scrambles.

That meant to go here?

GS Cuber

Pb:25.57 ao5: 33.xx Should i join a competiton? And should i get a gts2m or huanglong m? Advices would be much appreciated

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
First off, Welcome to the forums. It is great to have you here.

Pb:25.57 ao5: 33.xx Should i join a competiton?
Yes! For sure go to any and all competitions that you can go to:) They are a lot of fun, and it does not matter at all what time you average. I am sure that you will meet many great and like minded cubers and once you go to your first one you will want to go to more comps right away (and if you do not want that then...Well there is nothing more I can say;))

And should i get a gts2m or huanglong m?
Depending on what cube you have and what feel you like that can make the decision for you, but I would recommend the HuangLong M over the GTS2 M.

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would actually suggest getting a non magnetic cube since a magnetic cube isn't going to help you at your speed, so it's just a waste of money and I also think that you should get more comfortable with a non magnetic cube so you don't rely on the magnets to turn accurately.