• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Algorithm Translator

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice. I'm planning to implement a bunch of features like this in an alg.garron.us redesign, but this is a nice tool for now. Suggestion:

<input type="text" id="alg" size="40" onkeyup="generate(document.getElementById('alg').value);"></input>

(Ignore the space in "value." No idea why this forum can't format that word correctly.)

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Suggestion:
<input type="text" id="alg" size="40" onkeyup="generate(document.getElementById('alg').value);"></input>
Cheers for the idea, it means no submit button is needed ... keeping things minimal is always good :) I also had to capture mouse events to deal with cases where algs are pasted in directly.

Cride, I bloody love you.
Love you too hunnybun :D

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
That's a very cool tool!

I think it would also be a nice feature if you can add a cube rotation somewhere in the middle (or.. at any place in the alg), and changing the moves after that automatically. Same thing for changing R into r, and changing the rest of the moves automatically.

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
I think it would also be a nice feature if you can add a cube rotation somewhere in the middle (or.. at any place in the alg), and changing the moves after that automatically. Same thing for changing R into r, and changing the rest of the moves automatically.

Again, great idea ... so I decided to implement it :) This one wasn't quite so trivial to do though, so the code has almost doubled in size, but it should now work. I've tested it a bit, but if anyone finds any problems with it please let me know, thanks.

blah

brah
Here's a suggestion: De-rotation of notation.

Example input: R y R y R y R
Example output: R B L F