• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Aaron from Connecticut

acohen527

WCA
2012COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone, my name is Aaron and I am new to the forum. I am 17 years old and reside in CT(Connecticut, for internationals). I first learned how to solve the cube about 11 months ago from my friend Noah, who you may know as Noahaha. I switched to using the petrus method about 8 months ago. (CFOP users please don't kill me.) I currently average sub 40...around 37.5 seconds. My personal best is a 27.xy. I also know how to solve the 2x2, and 4x4. My 2x2 avg. is around 10 seconds. Noah also recently taught me how to solve the cube blindfolded, but I am still waiting for my first success after only having done a few attempts. I use Old Pochmann for corners, and M2 for edges. The only competition I have been to was Princeton 2012, but I plan to attend Levittown and LSC in the upcoming months. The cube I currently use is an ultimate Lubix Guhong V2, but I am trying to convince Noah to give me his Zhanchi which he no longer uses :p.

Outside of cubing, I am an avid golfer, and currently play off of a 2 handicap index. Golf takes up most of my time, but I also like to play disc golf. My favorite TV shows are Arrested Development and Breaking Bad.

The main reason that I cube is to impress friends and people at my school, but in the future I hope to be sub-30 and get a successful blind solve at a competition.

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to comment or ask any questions!

Aaron

acohen527

WCA
2012COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got my first bld success!! 10 edge targets, 6 corner targets! Pretty easy scramble, but I don't have it. The entire solve was somewhere around 10 minutes, but I'm not exactly sure.
Targets: Edges: Out of bounds (OB) like (LQ) ganj (GJ) not (NT) Sportscenter (SC)
Corners: evoque (VQ) Taylormade's (TM) effects (FX)