• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A visual guide to beginner's PLL recognition (4-sided)

Dancing Jules

Someone asked for advice on recognizing PLL cases, so I drew them a picture. In most cases the colors are irrelevant, so I drew everything black.

6GF22iF.png

I hope you like it.

Bemis

Perfect timing. Right as I'm moving from 2look into full PLL. Printing a few copies.

Thanks!

U

Underwatercuber

What about the E perm? If you apply the scramble with this recognition it’s 50% chance it will solve and and 50% Chance it will bring it to a H perm.

Dancing Jules

What about the E perm? If you apply the scramble with this recognition it’s 50% chance it will solve and and 50% Chance it will bring it to a H perm.
I haven't learned it yet, but you'll have to look at the colors for correct orientation.

From what I can see: If you use the RUD E-perm, you are in the correct orientation if the FU sticker does NOT match LUF and RUF stickers. You are in the wrong orientation if they do match.