• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A new method - PPW method

presley

From January to March 2022, I have developed a new method for solving Rubik's Cube , tentatively called the PPW method.

The rough solution steps from start to finish are all carried out by bundling the corner and the edge into the pair. The moves can almost always be interchanging pairs.

Provide special observation facelets - Orientation Windows, which can simply judge the twisting orientation of the U layer corner in what state the way of bundling into a pair can continue.

And also have lot features, and detailed explanations and videos are presented on the website

presley

welp me who understands chinese but can't watch youtube

can you post it on bilibili?
Because the PPW website is original writing in Traditional Chinese then translate it to English.
There is Traditional Chinese version of PPW website
Maybe you are more familiar with reading Traditional Chinese.

presley

Sorry, there is a mistake of the end on the final step (block guide) of this method and I fixed it on the PPW website.
If you concern this method, you can go to PPW website to see it again.
Maybe the videos I'll make it again to fix that mistake if I have time to do so.

Last edited:

presley

On the final step (block guide), you can do two 2x2x1 blocks to cause the only one way to complete the entire cube. That is wrong.
In fact, you must do one 2x2x1 block and one 2x3x1 block to cause the only one way to complete the entire cube. I fixed that mistake on the PPW website, and added how to do the 2x3x1 block.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
On the final step (block guide), you can do two 2x2x1 blocks to cause the only one way to complete the entire cube. That is wrong.
In fact, you must do one 2x2x1 block and one 2x3x1 block to cause the only one way to complete the entire cube. I fixed that mistake on the PPW website, and added how to do the 2x3x1 block.
can you make example solves with ppw?

PiKeeper

WCA
2021KLIN02
i wonder why some people still create new method for solving rubiks cube (i mean solving the rubiks cube normally)
CFOP will always be the best method for solving rubiks cube.
its the fastest !
everything has pros and cons
i know, the cons , CFOP is bad for FMC.
People create new methods because it's fun. And I don't know where you're getting the idea that cfop will always be the best method for solving a 3x3, roux is at least equal to it now and could surpass cfop on the future.

GodCubing

i wonder why some people still create new method for solving rubiks cube (i mean solving the rubiks cube normally)
its the fastest !
We create methods because they might be faster than cfop and are underrated or just because they are fun for instance the trend of solving a cube with only J perms as a method is not going to ever be fast, but it is fun.

This is a pretty cool method by the way except I struggle with the orientation step

Swagrid

YouTube
Visit Channel
its the fastest !
troll take but

These methods are not for speed, Presley's methods this far have been incredibly fascinating, and in an underdeveloped area. Very few bandage reduction methods. This is pushing a niche area of cubing theory in a practical way.

efattah

Tymon does make it look like advanced CFOP is the best method. However, one day not that many years from now, people will hit the speed limit of CFOP and records will stop dropping. At that point, as crazy as it sounds, the only way to break the record would be to invent a new method that is faster, and then spend 10+ years mastering it, however ridiculous that sounds.
You cannot suggest that CFOP records would drop forever, because in that case you'd eventually approach 0 seconds which not even a machine can do.