• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] A New Cuber Appears!

JWinslow23

Hey there! I'm JWinslow23. I guess I have to tell you all about me now :p

I learned how to solve a Rubik's Cube with LBL a few years ago, don't remember exactly how long (and got recently dragged back into the cubing world by my girlfriend :D ).

My go-to 3x3 method is CFOP, though I'm learning Heise for use with FMC (I'm getting real interested in it lately). For 2x2 (I do not actually own one, I pretend my 4x4 is a 2x2 :D ), I use Ortega, and for bigger cubes, I use Yau.

I can solve a 3x3x3 in 45 seconds on average. For the 4x4, ~3 minutes, and my fastest 7x7x7 time is 24 minutes (how in the world do people solve that thing in 3 minutes?).

I'm not a serious cuber by any means, I just consider myself "someone who knows how to solve the cube".

....so....yeah. I guess I'm done. Unless there's something else you all wanna know.

josh42732

(and got recently dragged back into the cubing world by my girlfriend :D ).

You have a girlfriend that got you back into cubing??? Wow, I wish I were that lucky. I wish I even had a girlfriend. All of the girls at school think I'm a complete nerd just because I cube every day during class. :p

I'm not a serious cuber by any means, I just consider myself "someone who knows how to solve the cube".

I said that once, then when someone at school could solve it faster than me, I decided to go balls to the wall on this.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums by the way!!!

JWinslow23

You have a girlfriend that got you back into cubing??? Wow, I wish I were that lucky. I wish I even had a girlfriend. All of the girls at school think I'm a complete nerd just because I cube every day during class. :p

When we met, she had just learned the cube, and then I was like "Hey, I know how to solve those too!" (even though I had to take a day to remind myself :p ). Now, we both know at least 3 3x3x3 methods (and she also now owns some weird-looking cubes, if you can call them that lol :D )

I wouldn't have the patience to solve a 7x7 even if it took 7 minutes, but you endured 24 minutes! But welcome.

I used regular reduction for that solve, maybe I might use Yau next time :p

And I wouldn't even be able to solve the cube in less than a minute if Kelsey couldn't solve it way faster :p That was my motivation.