• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A formula I randomly found

meonguy1

R' F R2 F' U2 F' U2 F R'
R F' U2 F U2 F R2 F' R
an OLL formula?
(wait is this a new formula or an alreeady found formula)

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
I think it’s just a variant of the fat pi oll. The finger tricks look awful: overworks everywhere.
Definitely sticking to the standard alg

Thom S.

wdym formula?
Formula used to be the term that Algorithm now is.
Algorithm took over about 2010, 2009 is when you can still see a lot of Formula usage.
Cubers that have been around for a while but stopped cubing regularly years ago can also be found saying Formula.
Shepherd I think still does, to be fair I haven't seen him write for at least 5 years.

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
Formula used to be the term that Algorithm now is.
Algorithm took over about 2010, 2009 is when you can still see a lot of Formula usage.
Cubers that have been around for a while but stopped cubing regularly years ago can also be found saying Formula.
Shepherd I think still does, to be fair I haven't seen him write for at least 5 years.
I feel that it's a non cuber thing lol

MagicVince

So, I inserted your formula R' F R2 F' U2 F' U2 F R' (U2) into my webpage which is called (drum roll) *Formula* Analyzer, and the result is that this alg could be used for OLL 50 but also CLL G1, and that in my database I have a different algorithm having exactly the same effect on the cube: R' F R2 B' R2' F' R2 B R' (U2)
My feeling was that your alg is better than the one in my database since it uses 3 faces only instead of 4 and it avoids the ugly B (but I am less convinced after trying both). anyway, thank you for that.

And according to me, discovering (or re-discovering algs) is always good, and there is no reason why we would avoid the pleasure of these aha! moments. ;)

Last edited: