• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] A cuber who's embarassed about his age...

povlhp

Hi everyone,

This is embarrassing, but I just solved my first cube about a week ago using the beginner's method, and I'm 34 years old already! I'm worried that my fingers won't allow me to go sub-XX. But I got so hooked that I bought a DaYun TengYun M and have been learning intuitive F2L and 4LL. I have a lot of questions about CFOP, but I'll post those elsewhere.

Hope to get to know some of you soon,
OtterCuber
I started at 54 yo In December. Never too late. I am sub-50s. Started with beginners method, then CFOP (4LLL) and then switched to roux.
been solving windmill, Fisher, Mastermorphix and megaminx. Currently trying to learn sq-1 without any cheat sheet.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I started at 54 yo In December. Never too late. I am sub-50s. Started with beginners method, then CFOP (4LLL) and then switched to roux.
been solving windmill, Fisher, Mastermorphix and megaminx. Currently trying to learn sq-1 without any cheat sheet.
When the first Rubik's cube appeared and were available, I was already 34. Haha.

Great grand uncle Dan.
That’s awesome. One of my favorite aspects about the cube is the wide audience of people it has intrigued across so many different generations.

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome :) there’s absolutely no reason to be embarrassed of age, the great part about cubing is that its not just for one group, cubers are everyone of different languages, and age. We also have a good amount of other older cubers on here as well. It doesn’t matter what age you start cubing at, it only matters that you started.

CuberNuber83

I do love my cheat sheats.. I kept forgetting the algo used on 4x4 parity’s so I taped it to my phone. How long did the whole fl2 training take u before u started ludicrous speed?