• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] A cuber who's embarassed about his age...

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone,

This is embarrassing, but I just solved my first cube about a week ago using the beginner's method! I'm worried that my fingers won't allow me to go sub-XX. But I got so hooked that I bought a DaYun TengYun M and have been learning intuitive F2L and 4LL. I have a lot of questions about CFOP, but I'll post those elsewhere.

Hope to get to know some of you soon,
OtterCuber

Last edited:

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey there! I’m a 30something cuber too! My fingers definitely don’t seem like the have the dexterity of a 9 year old but the challenge and pursuit of learning the cube can still be fully enjoyed at our “slower” speeds. Happy solving!

stwert

Hey welcome! I'm 34 too, and although I learned a beginners method when I was a teenager, I relearned this year and got into speed cubing. Although speed is relative, I'm hovering around 1 min, but I'm learning lots of different things at the same time when I have time to practice.

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey welcome! I'm 34 too, and although I learned a beginners method when I was a teenager, I relearned this year and got into speed cubing. Although speed is relative, I'm hovering around 1 min, but I'm learning lots of different things at the same time when I have time to practice.

Ah, great to hear! Yes, there's so much to learn and practice.

Puffin

Premium Member
Hey man, I’m 39 and only started a but ago. It can definitely feel like a hobby full of teens, but there are plenty of us older dudes here.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! Don't be embarassed about your age, if you think you can't be too fast because of your age, try learning different techniques and events, that will make you have pleasure on solving the cube. There is always something new to learn.

I seem to have hit a plateau so I'm trying to learn more algsets and practice other methods like Roux, ZZ and Petrus.

Cubing should be fun!

Last edited:

Scriv58

Welcome and don’t feel bad I started at 61 years old, just glad to have lived this long- and I learned f2l from cubeskills dot com