• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

6 Sides, 6 Seconds - Anthony and the Rubik's Cube

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys! I haven't uploaded many videos in recent years, so I'm especially excited to share this with you!

I hope you love it as much as I do, because I need your help!

I'm at Governor's Ball Music Festival in NYC and one of tomorrow's performers, Logic, is a big fan of the cube. Andy Smith ended up backstage at one of his concerts a few months ago through the cube connection so I'm hoping I might be able to pull off something similar with the community's help!

My gameplan is the Chris Hardwick approach (which worked for him!). Please tweet this video at Logic (https://twitter.com/logic301) and mention that I'll be at his GovBall show tomorrow!

Thanks, you guys are awesome. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
As others have said, very nice video. It's cool how humble you sounded when you stated that you can solve the cube in eight seconds every solve. You can probably guess that I liked it when you said that you are trying to find how to solve the cube more *creatively*.

I also liked how you used what sounded like a part of a track of Tron Legacy (2010)'s score at the beginning and end of the video.

EDIT: Good luck tomorrow!

Last edited:

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As others have said, very nice video. It's cool how humble you sounded when you stated that you can solve the cube in eight seconds every solve. You can probably guess that I liked it when you said that you are trying to find how to solve the cube more *creatively*.

I also liked how you used what sounded like a part of a track of Tron Legacy (2010)'s score at the beginning and end of the video.

EDIT: Good luck tomorrow!

I ended up meeting Logic -- thanks guys! I'll post a video of that next week.

What was the mbld thing at the end?

This video! Just uploaded:

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't know you did MBLD. Pretty cool you used to have NAR. What's up with the different orientation on the last cube though..?

Thanks, we streamed the attempt live on Periscope, and I (thankfully) pulled off 10/10. Some of the footage used in the video was filmed after-the-fact, though, for cinematography purposes.