• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 5x5 2:01.87 Hoya ao5 (Tips wanted)

Joey VOV

WCA
2013STAH02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't re-grip or rotate when looking for your cross edges. Do B moves as B moves and not U moves, things like that. With more practice, you will become more conscious of where pieces are around the cube. Just keep practicing, I know people hate to hear that but it really is true.

Also, don't worry about fancy cross edge tricks, I literally do not use any of them, and I do a lot of F and B moves in my solves.

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There are a lot of long pauses during First 4 Centers. You may want to try turning a little slower/less choppy and try to utilize lookahead better.

And I agree with everything Joey said except for the part about fancy cross edge tricks. Get fancy!! (just kidding [not really])

Also, here's Z perm that might be better for you on big cubes: R' U' R U' R U R U' R' U R U R2 U' R'

why not L' Rw U' Rw' L?

This.

Last edited: