• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 5BLD first success on first attempt! [video] *Not april fools*

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Really happy :D

Scramble: Lw Rw F2 L' F2 Uw2 Rw Fw' Lw2 Dw Uw2 U2 F2 Lw' R2 Uw Fw2 F2 Rw' U' Fw' F U' B' Bw Rw' U L' B' Bw2 Fw2 Lw Bw' D2 Dw' L' Rw R' Fw' R2 Uw Lw2 Dw Fw' L' Lw' R Dw' U2 R' Bw F' Lw2 F2 D' Dw2 U' L U' F

Method:
Memo: Rooms (letter pairs)
Execution: U2 centers, OP corners, r2 wings and M2 midges.

Time was like 1:30:00 because I completely messed up the memo for Wings and had to redo it a few times. (I hate wing memo :mad:)

Memo:
DU MQ RI NE GK VS PH | TL XA JD F [parity]
QU EM IN VJ RO SH | KW DP TL AX CF
JL HG DW D
QH OI PF SC BJ | KR EW DL VU NM AT G [QUQ, parity]
CH IS KJ DM NW O [A, parity]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone have tips/tricks for memorizing wings? I have a lot of trouble figuring out where they go on the cube (for 4BLD too).

You just have to practice a lot! Then you will be able to remember which wing goes where. Sometimes I still find myself having to think about which piece it is by doing the set-up moves in my head, but it has gotten less and less with practice.

Skullush

WCA
2011SAKO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats :) And on the first attempt...I think it took me like 10-15 tries
Does anyone have tips/tricks for memorizing wings? I have a lot of trouble figuring out where they go on the cube (for 4BLD too).
Like everyone else said it just gets easier over time. Now that you've tried a 5x5 BLD a 4x4 BLD is going to seem like a lot less and you might find it not so bothersome to practice it more (at least that's how it was for me).
I honestly still don't know exactly where to shoot to without tracking the piece from the buffer/helper. But over time I've gained more and more reference points and I've gotten quicker with tracking the pieces