• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 57.14sec 4x4 Single w/ Meyer Method

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's not often that I manage a sub-1 solve on 4x4, so I feel like this is worth posting. I'm not too sure how popular this method is, so for anybody watching who is unfamiliar with Meyer: it is an unholy bastardization of Roux and Yau probably created by somebody with the last name of 'Meyer'. Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;-hmc1PQMTlQ]http://youtu.be/-hmc1PQMTlQ[/video]

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
Wow this is pretty cool. I'm too lazy to review for the steps and I couldn't find much through search but another person asking for critique. What are the steps I this method? Gj on the sub-1

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Meyer Method is Yau Method but adapted a bit for Roux. It was created by Richard Meyer (formally the fastest Roux solver in North America) back in 2008 or so, but he did not write it down or tell many people. A year or 2 later, Robert Yau posted about his method (not knowing about Meyer Method), which people now know it by (Yau Method). They are essentially the same aside from 1 adapted for CFOP and 1 for Roux. Richard also uses a similar method for 5x5.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Meyer Method is Yau Method but adapted a bit for Roux. It was created by Richard Meyer (formally the fastest Roux solver in North America) back in 2008 or so, but he did not write it down or tell many people. A year or 2 later, Robert Yau posted about his method (not knowing about Meyer Method), which people now know it by (Yau Method). They are essentially the same aside from 1 adapted for CFOP and 1 for Roux. Richard also uses a similar method for 5x5.

But... M slices on 5x5?! On 4x4 it's already inconvenient...

brian724080

Wow, that's very cool. I would incorporate ZZ with Yau, but switching between left and right hands during solves is too inconsistent, and my hands aren't huge.