• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

5/5 MultiBLD, WR?

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey..
I'm at the Denver Open right now and I wanted a shot at the WR since it will almost definately be broken by Dennis tomorrow at the German Open. ;)

The WCA website lists Clement's 4/4 as the WR, but there was a competition in Spain yesterday that apparently had MultiBLD. The results aren't posted yet.. Anyone know who won yesterday and how many they solved?

Edit: I stupidly didn't mention the important part. I already did the MultiBLD attempt and solved them all. :) So anyone know about the Barcelona competition?

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Edit: I stupidly didn't mention the important part. I already did the MultiBLD attempt and solved them all. :) So anyone know about the Barcelona competition?

Wow, really, Anthony? Congratulations! And last I heard, Dennis wasn't coming. But Tim will be there, so you're right, it probably won't last long. :)

SimonWestlund

WCA
2008WEST02
YouTube
Visit Channel
People from spain have already mentioned other results.. (Jimmy Coll's WR) so they would probably mention if there was another WR there.. but who knows..

Great job though! You got 5/5?

Well.. then there's definitely another WR this weekend. And I'll be surprised if there won't be a WR in Germany.. So many pros there ;)

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very nice job at the 5/5, but I don't think any 5/5 should count as a real WR, because Dennis already did 10/10 in official competition in under an hour.

Don't worry about "real" WRs. Kai solved that problem yesterday. He's awesome, btw :).

And that in only 42 minutes. I bet, he will try 11 or maybe even 12 cubes next time :)

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very nice job at the 5/5, but I don't think any 5/5 should count as a real WR, because Dennis already did 10/10 in official competition in under an hour.

Don't worry about "real" WRs. Kai solved that problem yesterday. He's awesome, btw :).

And that in only 42 minutes. I bet, he will try 11 or maybe even 12 cubes next time :)

He's got time before the next competition to get better - I'm guessing 15.

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel

And then Tim's old style record 24/24 ^^

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

And then Tim's old style record 24/24 ^^

I do believe it will be broken someday!