• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] 5.25 3x3x3 single by Collin Burns

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
He just happened to get the WR at a competition he organized? Pretty suspicious.

I'm guessing you're playing Devil's Advocate, but organisers don't touch scrambles, that's the delegates. Only been a few delegate WRs, the clock one (retracted) Daniel's 4bld one(s?) and a couple others. Quick go investigate all the non-retracted ones /s

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm guessing you're playing Devil's Advocate, but organisers don't touch scrambles, that's the delegates. Only been a few delegate WRs, the clock one (retracted) Daniel's 4bld one(s?) and a couple others. Quick go investigate all the non-retracted ones /s

Yeah, I was the delegate. I was the one who generated the scrambles and brought them. I was literally the only person who had access to them before each round. They were password protected and only I knew the password.

On Saturday soon after this happened I created an account here. For the cuber verification question "What is the current 3x3 WR single?" I put 5.25. It did not accept that answer. :(
GJ Collin!
PA Rules!

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, these WR/CR/NRs are under a heavy microscope, so I was worried about that too. It's pretty clean though. Nothing really stands out. I would feel bad if he like picked up the cube right away out of excitement and got a +2 out of it.

The biggest controversy I've seen from non-cubers is the inspection thing "He actually took 15 seconds, because he looked over the cube before he solved it!" Muggles...

I can't say I've ever actually seen that rule enforced for +2's. It's fairly ambiguous honestly. I've picked up my cube immediately after solves plenty of times in the past with no penalization.

notfeliks

Congrats Collin. going to be a tough fight between you, feliks and mats at the worlds.

Can't say I agree. Mats had a very good 2013 but hasn't performed as well since. Collin has some great individual results (this, 2014 US nats) but isn't performing nearly as consistently well as Feliks does. I would expect a bigger challenge out of Alex Lau or perhaps the Weyer twins, if any of them go.

Last edited:
WCA
2012PATE01
Can't say I agree. Mats had a very good 2013 but hasn't performed as well since. Collin has some great individual results (this, 2014 US nats) but isn't performing nearly as consistently well as Feliks does. I would expect a bigger challenge out of Alex Lau or perhaps the Weyer twins, if any of them go.

I don't thin Alex is going :( I heard he s nervous with too much crowd or something like that. Sebastian weyer is going for sure, he won German nationals and the winner of German nationals would get a booked flight to Brazil ( or something similar do that). I really hope Mats will make up at world considering what happened 2 years ago in Las Vegas :( .