• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3x3 Visualizer program?

N's-cvt

I was wondering if there are any online or executable programs that would allow me to create images for some of my alg sheets. If there are any please let me know, the only one I currently know of is cubecriders visualizer and I don't really know how to become proficient using it.
There was a post made with this same topic but guess what that was made 7 years ago so maybe there have been new programs created.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was wondering if there are any online or executable programs that would allow me to create images for some of my alg sheets. If there are any please let me know, the only one I currently know of is cubecriders visualizer and I don't really know how to become proficient using it.
There was a post made with this same topic but guess what that was made 7 years ago so maybe there have been new programs created.
Visual cube?

thomas.sch

WCA
2018SCHU17
Visual cube is excellent.

It has a mode for showing the top face and around that the n.th layer colors. That is very helpfull for OLL/PLL documentation.

But it also has one disadvantage: It can not generate flat images of all 6 sides! (so a picture like tnoodle shows for scrambles). This flat images are sometimes more helpfull than a 3D image if you need to see more than top face + its last layer.

Athefre

@Everyone: N's-cvt already knows about VisualCube. It was mentioned in the first post. They are wondering if there is anything else.

For me, I like to draw my own images. I've used VisualCube a lot, but it becomes tedious. It is easier to just make your own in an image editing program and use a fill tool to change the colors.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
@Everyone: N's-cvt already knows about VisualCube. It was mentioned in the first post. They are wondering if there is anything else.

For me, I like to draw my own images. I've used VisualCube a lot, but it becomes tedious. It is easier to just make your own in an image editing program and use a fill tool to change the colors.
His says cubecrider

Oh yeah, I forgot about the simple image editor.

His says cubecrider
Which is Visual Cube

Alexander

WCA
2005OOMS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a little macro i wrote for excel you can a just it how you want for the type of pics you want.

Code:
Sub coll()
'Macro code written by Alexander Ooms
Dim cell As Variant
Dim i As Integer
i = 1
'here you set the cell to look for the algs now set to a1 to a4
For Each cell In Range("A1:A4")
    PicPath = "http://cube.crider.co.uk/visualcube.php?stage=coll&fmt=png&size=100&view=plan&case=" & cell.Value & ""
    With ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert(PicPath)
        With .ShapeRange
            .LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
            .Width = 50
            .Height = 50
        End With
        .Left = ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 5).Left
        .Top = ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 5).Top
        .Placement = 1
        .PrintObject = True
    End With
i = i + 5
Next cell
End Sub

Sub pll()
Dim cell As Variant
Dim i As Integer
i = 1
    PicPath = "http://cube.crider.co.uk/visualcube.php?stage=pll&fmt=png&size=100&view=plan&case=" & cell.Value & ""
        With .ShapeRange
            .Width = 50
            .Height = 50
        End With
        .Placement = 1
        .PrintObject = True
    End With
i = i + 5
Next cell
End Sub

Sub oll()
Dim cell As Variant
Dim i As Integer
i = 1
    PicPath = "http://cube.crider.co.uk/visualcube.php?stage=oll&fmt=png&size=100&view=plan&case=" & cell.Value & ""
        With .ShapeRange
            .Width = 50
            .Height = 50
        End With
        .Placement = 1
        .PrintObject = True
    End With
i = i + 5
Next cell