• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] 3x3x3 average 13.22 SveKub 2006 Anssi Vanhala

jonlin

WCA
2012LINJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pretty impressive for the era, and cool to see. It certainly *looks* fast. It's funny that I'm faster than this now (and not even top 100) - but I attribute that mostly to improvements in cubing technology.
I remember picking up cubing the summer of 2011 after quitting in 2009, and I think it was my own determination that I could improve 2 minutes to 20 seconds in a period of 3 months.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
wht was the reasoning for the bizarre cube covering rule for end of inspection?
The whole point was that inspection wasn't really part of the solve. Covering the cube back up meant that you could remember what you had inspected, but still have a separation between the two phases. It was silly and there were numerous times where judges would screw the flow of your solve, so we finally moved to what we have now.