• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3d printing cube parts

cfopboy

i was wondering, would it be possible to 3d print a gan xs core and put it in a gan x, since the gan xs core is completely plastic other than the springs.

also i just had an idea. what if you could 3d print your own gan x magnet capsules and stick your own magnets in there and use that?

Mischiiii

I really doubt you will get the tolerances and surface quality needed at least if you don’t have a really professional printer that’s probably 5000-10000€. Maybe it’ll work but it won’t be good i think.

3D printing is still inferior to injection molded parts. It’s probably cheaper buying a new gan and modifying the magnets in the outer layers to get a stronger feel even if you already have a printer.

i was wondering, would it be possible to 3d print a gan xs core and put it in a gan x, since the gan xs core is completely plastic other than the springs.
GAN的轴心是有专利保护的The core of Gan is protected by patent..................................

and,3d Printer accuracy always 没有那么高

• Confused
Reactions: qwr

Sion

I could possibly model one, but you would be better off just getting a new core.

zslane

Depends on the 3D printer and how much post-processing work you are willing to put into it. It would take a lot of trial and error to get the parts modeled and printed accurately enough to be assembled to acceptable tolerances. I just don't see it being worth the effort, even as an exercise.

What about 3D printed corner to core magnets for the 11 M to transform it into the GAN 11 M Duo? Would that work, since technically nothing is rubbing against it?