• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] 38 - dad - wannabe speedcuber

dpcstout

A little late reply, but welcome! I have a similar story, 35 year old dad that started because my son was given a 2x2 for Christmas. I got into that a bit but quickly graduated to a 3x3 and I have gotten down to a personal best of 13.0 and a pb AO12 of 16.6, though my overall average tends to be around 19-20. I use CFOP and 4LLL, with a couple PLL's sprinkled in.

It's definitely addicting! Also, once you learn beginners 4x4, you can basically solve any size cube with the same logic. I bought a 9x9 and solved it without any instructions using basically a glorified 4x4 method...it took me forever though.

It's very motivational to hear such similar stories.

Today I finally got my average down to 58.51 seconds with a new PB of 35.104 - so solid improvement - but some way to go!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
A little late reply, but welcome! I have a similar story, 35 year old dad that started because my son was given a 2x2 for Christmas. I got into that a bit but quickly graduated to a 3x3 and I have gotten down to a personal best of 13.0 and a pb AO12 of 16.6, though my overall average tends to be around 19-20. I use CFOP and 4LLL, with a couple PLL's sprinkled in.

It's definitely addicting! Also, once you learn beginners 4x4, you can basically solve any size cube with the same logic. I bought a 9x9 and solved it without any instructions using basically a glorified 4x4 method...it took me forever though.
you can learn full PLL and start learning Full OLL too if you want to get faster! Just a tip. You are much faster than me!

Graaaby

i'd suggest getting some more types of cubes like pyraminx, megaminx, 4x4 etc, and if money is a problem the yj yulong series is amazing

You ever heard of www.cubeskills.com? It's a website created by Feliks Zemdegs, Anthony Brooks, and others. They put it together to help you in your path of speedcubing. Without their OLL, I would never make it to sub-30 on 3x3. Now I average 20-25 seconds.
I never learnt anything from cubeskills. I mainly use JPerm or CubeHead for the OLLs an PLLs and I am not full OLL yet but I am almost sub-19 so I think you should I work on your F2L

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I never learnt anything from cubeskills. I mainly use JPerm or CubeHead for the OLLs an PLLs and I am not full OLL yet but I am almost sub-19 so I think you should I work on your F2L
judging by the fact that it was made by the best cubers in the world i think you should check it out.