• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2x2 BLD Tutorial

Lorn

I have a problem: I followed all your steps, but the cube is not finished...can you tell me, why?

Scramble: D2 B U' R' F' D2 B L' U2 B U' R2 L D2

1. Memorization of Orientation:

UFR: 2
URB: 2
UBL: 0

(220)

DFL: 1
DFR: 1
DRB: 0
DBL: 0

(1100)

(220) (1100)

2. Memorization of Permutation:

(34178265)

3. Execution of Orientation:

UFR: {(L D R' D’ L' D R D’) z (R D’ L D R’ D’ L' D) z'} 2
URB: R' {(L D R' D’ L' D R D’) z (R D’ L D R’ D’ L' D) z'} 2 R

DFL: F2 {(L D R' D’ L' D R D’) z (R D’ L D R’ D’ L' D) z'} F2
DFR: D' F2 {(L D R' D’ L' D R D’) z (R D’ L D R’ D’ L' D) z'} F2 D

4. Execution of Permutation:

4: L2 F2 T-Perm F2 L2
1: F2 D' F2 T-Perm F2 D F2
7: D2 F2 T-Perm F2 D2
8: D F2 T-Perm F2 D'
2:
6: D' F2 T-Perm F2 D
5: F2 T-Perm F2

It should be finished, following your tutorial...unfortunetly, it is not.

soccerking813

Lol, just read this now. And once again you have made it seem possible for me to actually solve a cube blindfolded. And once again I am temped to learn it. :p

I think I may actually learn this, because it is easier than 3x3.

Gparker

YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol, just read this now. And once again you have made it seem possible for me to actually solve a cube blindfolded. And once again I am temped to learn it. :p

I think I may actually learn this, because it is easier than 3x3.

just learn the full 3x3. because the probable more easier way to do 2x2 blind is what most people think of how to memorize a cube. just memo it and solve a 2x2 like normal, while you memo you just track where the peices go, its not hard and its only 8 cubies

soccerking813

I just had a thought the other day. When doing the corners of a 3x3 or a 2x2, wouldn't it be easier to orient the corners of one face using just one alg, that left everything the way it was other than the corners' orientation? You would need to do the alg for the top layer, x2, and the another alg. It would be a lot faster and easier to memorize it seems.

Gparker

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just had a thought the other day. When doing the corners of a 3x3 or a 2x2, wouldn't it be easier to orient the corners of one face using just one alg, that left everything the way it was other than the corners' orientation? You would need to do the alg for the top layer, x2, and the another alg. It would be a lot faster and easier to memorize it seems.

if you have a scrambled cube, theres not always a right orientation. for example, you could have a sune on one layer. but sometimes itll be like a sune combined with headlights. thats why you orient the way you do now.

so you can have 3 oriented and one un oriented. but if one layer is correctly oriented, then the other is a possible situation where you can do that.

soccerking813

Yea, I was thinking about that. It would be like parity, but not really. You would orient three of the corners on each side, leaving 2 corners left. Line them up so they are on the same face using U turns, and use a cube rotation, and use one more alg. Undo the setup move.

soccerking813

First of all, sorry for the double post

Secondly, I got algs for all of the corner orientation cases plus the parity algs. I am going to learn this. After I learn the corner orientation algs, it should be easy for me to solve the corners. It'll take me a while to get the edges though.

Gotta go post in the goals thread.

doofesh

WCA
2012DOOF02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, the algorithm u mentioned for orientation doesn't work( L D R' D’ L' D R D’ (turn cube 90 degrees clockwise) R D’ L D R’ D’ L' D (turn 90 CCW)). It messes up the orientation and permutation, I;ve tried it many times. Please help.

stinkocheeze

sorry to bump a really old thread, but has the algorithm been changed??
Because it's not working for me... what algorithm should i use for the clockwise and counterclockwise?

lavi

WOW you are the best!!!
its late now but i will try it tomrrow
it seems very easy and nice
1 Q's : dont i need to do the pre. and than the ore.?
beacuse it doesnt worked in a fast try
maybe i mstaked

thank you man!!