• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 25.36 double speedBLD off by 1 corner twist :fp

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Moral of the story: don't throw the cube on the table dramatically when you're done.
By the way, I have no idea what I said at the end. Sounds like some annoyed mumble... Meh. I was furious at the time but now I find it quite hilarious.

I've still got the scrambles if you want them.

Last edited by a moderator:

aaronb

You failed at a simple double speedBLD? Pffft.

:p Just kidding, that is amazing; how long did it take you to track all those pieces? I would never have the patience do do this. :)

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Damn, that sucks. Still a great effort.

My attempt to translate your 'mumble': "Bloody hell it twisted what?"
Thanks and yah that's what I thought the first time I watched it back but it just doesn't sound exactly like it... well you're probably right I think.

that $h!t is still insaine by my book, i get bum corners too they suck when im going fast lol. still pretty sick

Thanks, yeah that's why I don't like my zhanchi, I sanded the corner too much. I'm waiting for a new one from the cubicle now, it's gonna be great if it does come, no more pops or corner twists...

Last edited:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I'm pretty fast but I don't have much patience. Next I challenge us both to do a sim speedBLD :D
Details in your other thread. If there's a 2sim I'll try that first...

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tbh im not quite comfortable either... Only averaging like sub-25 but still dont know the right buttons for stuff like Uw and other weird key combinations. Let's wait a while before attempting that monster ;)

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Plan the first block and second block first square as per normal, like during inspection.
So you track all the pieces for those blocks at once. Then track the last pair, both pieces at the same time.
Then track 3 yellow stickers for corners. You'll be able to work out orientation from just 3 stickers. From those pieces you can also work out the swap, and therefore the CMLL (this is why we say don't just learn by sticker recognition :) ).

Then simply go through your whole solution for any slice or double layer moves to predict centre orientation. Then LSE is tracked. I find this the hardest part...

I think this way of memoing is pretty efficient. Dunno why I'm not fast yet, therefore...

chardison1980

YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah ive got a zhanchi, and i absolutly hate it, it pops like its going out of style, and corner twist like 50% of the time, so i dont know im probably going to sell it,,

and i would consider a solve with a twisted corner a complete solve anyway.
i just wish i could learn to track like that.

as of right now my current method is watermans, sometime roux is it really difficult to use those methods or do u suggest somthing a little easier to track cubies.

Last edited by a moderator:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah ive got a zhanchi, and i absolutly hate it, it pops like its going out of style, and corner twist like 50% of the time, so i dont know im probably going to sell it,,

and i would consider a solve with a twisted corner a complete solve anyway.
i just wish i could learn to track like that.

as of right now my current method is watermans, sometime roux is it really difficult to use those methods or do u suggest somthing a little easier to track cubies.

I don't recommend doing an easy method just for tracking. I recommend doing your regular speed method. Because otherwise you won't reach you max speed.
Waterman is good, it is easier to track than Roux IMO but it's still fairly fast. Give it a go, good luck!