• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

24-Hour Cube Marathon Guinness WR 5800 Cubes - Eric Limeback

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
Have you tried asking qqwref? I'm sure there's a simple solution to make it just have the scrambler change (or to stop and start the timer with one key press.

As somebody already suggested, if you put qqtimer in manual entry mode, simply hitting the enter key once will generate a new scramble. Nothing new is needed for this.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anthony: In your 24h Guinness WR, were you allowed to look at the next cube during LL or was there a restriction so that you could only see the following cube once you had completed the solve?

Milan: there was no restricitions about that

Anthony: Okay, thanks.

Milan: :)
now i could do ~5800
but cubes had to be in random position
and i couldnt touch next until current was finished

Oh wow, that's frustrating. Eric, in my opinion you really should try to talk to whoever your contact person is at Guinness, since it sounds like they have changed the rules on you compared to the previous attempt. Guinness has put in some weird rules on cubing records in the past, and for those we just have to roll with it. However, changing a rule from a previous attempt that they claimed to be the record is frustrating.

MadeToReply

WCA
2012LIMR01
If you get hungry or thirsty, I guess you would always ONE HAND IT AND EAT AT THE SAME TIME OR HAVE SOMEBODY FEED YOU FOOD. That would be pretty cool.

cubizh

WCA
2014GOME07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unfortunately he's not allowed to see the next cube during his current solve. Guinness has some unusual specifications.
This is really weird. They are just assuming he can't solve multiple cubes at a time. And since this is a speed competition event, I could only assume he would be able to do that. I wonder if they applied the same rule to most sausage eating competition or similar events.
I think it defeats the purpose of the entire thing, that was to "break the Guinness World Record for most 3x3x3 cubes solved in 24 hours". It's not going to be that, since he will be limited in execution, but "break the Guinness World Record for most 3x3x3 cubes solved in 24 hours solving them one at a time". Good luck though.

Eric Limeback

WCA
2007LIME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh wow, that's frustrating. Eric, in my opinion you really should try to talk to whoever your contact person is at Guinness, since it sounds like they have changed the rules on you compared to the previous attempt. Guinness has put in some weird rules on cubing records in the past, and for those we just have to roll with it. However, changing a rule from a previous attempt that they claimed to be the record is frustrating.

I've submitted an inquiry about it on the Guinness website... I agree that it seems kind of silly. And if there really was no restriction on the existing record, I don't think it would be very fair. Being able to inspect cross could easily save 1 second per cube...which would come out to about an hour and twenty minutes...crazy.

Thank you guys for all the support :) It's going to be pretty challenging

leonopulos1

WCA
2010SCHM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As someone who solved and scrambled 3000 cubes in 24 hours last winter as part of the german "speedcubing marathon" I can only give you one advice: It will hurt. alot. more than you think.

But since you will have other people talking to you and scrambling the cubes for you I'm sure you'll be able to get a new record! Good luck! :)

D

Deleted member 19792

Eric Limeback GWR Attempt : Hourly Updates

*** No longer hourly, just random. Dorm will shut off internet in less than 12 hours..

**CURRENT WR FOR CUBES SOLVED IN ONE HOUR : 245***

****LIVESTREAM****

*** # of cubes solve have not been updated yet. Will report it *****
www.twitch.tv/lauriercubeclub

11:06 AM CST : 0 Cubes, preparing with all official scrambles.
11:15 AM : Prepared timer and cubes to be cycled.
11:21 AM : Finalizing timer, setup, cubes, time frames, and such. Asking for 24 hour access to starbucks.
11:45-12:00 PM. Started GWR attempt. Please see livestream for exact number of cubes solved!
12:30 PM - 136 Cubes , 13.1 second average
12:50 PM : - 205 cubes, 13.4 second average

Last edited by a moderator: