• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 22.13 3x3 Average of 5 (Tips and Advice to achiever sub-20?)

Just a random average of 5 I did.
Looking for any helpful advice or tips on what I should be concentrating on more, to get sub-20. And yes, F2L Look-Ahead is one of these things.

I use
-Fridrich
-Intuitive/Alg F2L
-Regular Beginner's method OLL
-Full PLL

And I don't want to start learning OLL until I can sub-20. That's just a goal I have. I learned full PLL once I reached sub-30, and now I want to only learn Full OLL once I reach sub-20. I imagine that if I can sub-20 with Beginner's OLL, then once I learn Full OLL, my times should have a pretty good drop.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For one, your TPS needs work, I know you are sacrificing it for lookahead but try going fast during the F2L, but when you are almost done the case slow down and find the next pair. Never let your eyes look at the pair you are currently doing. You shouldn't need to. It takes discipline but yeah. You also need work on your cross to first F2L pair transition. When you are on your last f2l pair you should be in gogo fast mode. Even during LL your TPS is not very great. You only seem to have one mode of turning speed.

The goslow and lookahead mentality is great (and you still need work on that) but you could easily be sub20 if you just remove a few pauses in your F2l and start going faster during LL. Example-last solve. Your LL took ~ 8 seconds or so. Perhaps 9 though I was counting in my head. Find fingertricks that you like for PLL and drill them.

For one, your TPS needs work, I know you are sacrificing it for lookahead but try going fast during the F2L, but when you are almost done the case slow down and find the next pair. Never let your eyes look at the pair you are currently doing. You shouldn't need to. It takes discipline but yeah. You also need work on your cross to first F2L pair transition. When you are on your last f2l pair you should be in gogo fast mode. Even during LL your TPS is not very great. You only seem to have one mode of turning speed.

The goslow and lookahead mentality is great (and you still need work on that) but you could easily be sub20 if you just remove a few pauses in your F2l and start going faster during LL. Example-last solve. Your LL took ~ 8 seconds or so. Perhaps 9 though I was counting in my head. Find fingertricks that you like for PLL and drill them.

First, thanks for actually making a video response to show me.

I see what you mean now. I compared my video to yours, and your F2L has way more consistent turning than mine. I want to get that consistency, before I start speeding it up.
And I see that I need to start drilling some PLL algs.

Thanks again.

P

pappas

Practice your pll's alot. Also when you get to pll you could try doing a U move if you have trouble with recognition.