• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

21 PLL execution ("time attack")

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I know it's mentioned to other thread somewhat, but this thread's about doing the 21 PLL time attack--records, order of algos, etc.

My best is 44.22, not that fast, but it's good enough lol. What about you guys?

Perhaps we can also get some videos of 21 PLL by many people!

Harris

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
My best is 56.xx seconds, but I need to practice a lot more. My order is horrible, and a few of my algs are real crappy. I would be interested in seeing vids, and discussing order.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
How do we do all 21 algs once and end up with a solved cube? I was puzzled by that. Or do you not end up with a solvedd cube(if so it would be heard to tell if you did each alg correctly although only the LL is affected).
Depending on the order, you will end up with a solved cube. If you start off with a solved cube and you go through all 21 and end up with the LL oriented correctly and just needs permuting, you most likely didn't mess up.

I tried once and got a 2:30.xx... It's really hard to remember which algs I already did.
Look off a sheet and go down the list using your algs. Johannes can do all PLLs around 2 seconds or less and said that doing them over and over in a row like this will really help improve your PLL times.

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's the list of PLL that I used...I tried to do it so that I don't have to waste time rotating to do the next algorithm. If I have time I'll write out all the moves.

U perm
U perm
Z perm
H perm
V perm
E perm
A perm
A perm
T perm
Y perm
F perm
R perm
R perm
J perm
J perm
G perm
G perm
G perm
G perm
N perm
N perm

Cubinator

1:23.05 is my best. Meh. That's about pi tps for me. I have a lot of lockups, so this can definitely be improved. It also helped me realize which PLL algs are my slowest.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
We could almost make the 21 PLL attack a competition for the competition area. Not sure though. Anyone working on a PLL attack lately? I need to do some. Anyone ever try an OLL time attack?

H

hdskull

i started doing PLL execution "time attacks" when i saw the yu jeong min video posted by Harrison and obviously Harrison's video too as i was very impressed with both, so i decided to try myself. at that time i didn't know the G perms yet so the best time i got was 1:24(w/o G). not soon after that i learned G perms and i got a lot slower, haha obviously. i do time attack about once every 2 weeks (once meaning something like 5 times, but at once). btw started doing this about 4 weeks ago? so i've done it a couple times, maybe 3. and my best time is 1:21.75 for all 21 PLL, it's very good practice to make ur PLL go faster.

... but i still only know like 17 OLL -__-, too lazy...

order of PLL:

U x2
A x2
Z
H
T
F
J x2 (need to learn new alg for reverse J, starting F2 L' U' r U2... with my right hand feels awkward because i have to remove my hand hand and replace it on F, and put back on R.... but the only real problem is when i flick the L' with my right ring finger other pieces move... -_-, any suggestions for better algs ?)
N x2
V
Y
E
G x4

HelloiamChow

I just learned the last two G-perms, so they're a little slow. I finally got it. 58.66. I find that my H perm is pretty slow. I read on Bob Burton's site about the M trigger, but I still do not know how to do it. Could someone tell me?

bonhomme

Harris Chan;

U perm
U perm
Z perm
H perm
V perm
E perm
A perm
A perm
T perm
Y perm
F perm
R perm
R perm
J perm
J perm
G perm
G perm
G perm
G perm
N perm
N perm

hi, is it possible to know the moves and do you use the same moves for speedsolving and time attack ?

EDIT : So, I just started today, my best time 1m31sec.... G and N are a big problem.... I got to work this

Last edited: