• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2020 Forum Awards!

How Should "Best Cubing Couple" be Categorized?

• A Married Couple

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A Pair of Cubers

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
ANNOUNCEMENT

Today is the last day for nominations and the voting will start tomorrow, so it's time to finish your nominations!

To make it simpler, "Best Cubing Couple" doesn't apply to a pair of cubers, but specifically a married couple that both cube

The google form will be out sometime tomorrow!

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Here it is ... the moment you've all been waiting for ... the ballot! Make sure to fill this out by December 31, then we will hopefully have the results out the next day, on January 1, 2021! Let me or @ProStar know if anything is wrong with the form, and one of us will get it changed as soon as possible!

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here it is ... the moment you've all been waiting for ... the ballot! Make sure to fill this out by December 31, then we will hopefully have the results out the next day, on January 1, 2021! Let me or @ProStar know if anything is wrong with the form, and one of us will get it changed as soon as possible!

Some typos in your form:

Shadowslice's forum name is actually "shadowslice e", not just "shadowslice".
PapaSmurf's forum name does not have a space, nor does RedstoneTim's forum name.
Athefre's forum name is capitalized as "Athefre", as is "Ronxu".

For the "Best Series on YouTube (Cubing)" section, you misspelled "Christmazz" as "Christmas".

For "Best Cubing Couple", you have "Kit and Lauren Clement", but for the other 3 couples you use an ampersand (&) instead of writing out the word.

These things supposed to have happened in 2020, right? Martin Telesforo's fake 4.41 was from many years ago, and a lot of the "Best New Member" are not new members (brodragon, BenChristman1, qwr, ) as they joined in 2019.

Silky

I wasn't included in best new member, however I was nominated by Sub1Hour.. Is this a mistake or just not enough nominations?

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Some typos in your form:

Shadowslice's forum name is actually "shadowslice e", not just "shadowslice".
PapaSmurf's forum name does not have a space, nor does RedstoneTim's forum name.
Athefre's forum name is capitalized as "Athefre", as is "Ronxu".

For the "Best Series on YouTube (Cubing)" section, you misspelled "Christmazz" as "Christmas".

For "Best Cubing Couple", you have "Kit and Lauren Clement", but for the other 3 couples you use an ampersand (&) instead of writing out the word.
I wasn't included in best new member, however I was nominated by Sub1Hour.. Is this a mistake or just not enough nominations?
Thanks to both of you for pointing those things out! I have fixed those, and if you have filled out the form already, make sure to go vote Silky if you think that he/she is the best option!
These things supposed to have happened in 2020, right? Martin Telesforo's fake 4.41 was from many years ago, and a lot of the "Best New Member" are not new members (brodragon, BenChristman1, qwr, ) as they joined in 2019.
I think that it will be stricter next year, but given that the Forum Awards haven't happened for multiple years, I think that this will be okay. I will make sure to make that a priority next year!

I would also like to note that I got rid of some nominations that were just nonsensical, so that may be why your nomination is not on the form.

DNF_Cuber

I filled it out. I was dangerously close to checking myself on some of those, but I held back somehow.
Now vote for me and my honesty