• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2 sided PLL Recognition. A Play-tool

rishidoshi

WCA
2011DOSH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
2 sided PLL Recognition. A Play-tool (Excel)

Hello,
First of all the original work belongs to JL58
I found that his work, although spectacular, lacks a bit of "user-friendliness". So I've added a graphical cube onto which the PLL Colors are mapped.
Hit the Random Drill button and guess the PLL.
Caution: Different versions for MS office Excel 2003 and Office 2007/2010. (Please Enable macros)
Please play around and let me know what you think.
(The preamble, usefulness etc is already covered by JL58 in his post so I'm not gonna repeat that)

Download link - For MS office 2003
Download link - For MS office 2007/10
Download link - For Mac '11 and possibly all non-Microsoft Office. Please use the Blue buttons for AUF.

Screenshot:
2sidedPLL.png

Attachments

• 2sidedPLL.png
    2sidedPLL.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very neat!
Not sure how much use it is, and I certainly would have rather had it /not/ in a spreadsheet, but good job.

One problem - LibreOffice does not like your macros :( But I understand if you're appealing to people with Microsoft Office a lot more.

Well done,
Stachu

advincubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
New version made...
- AUF Capability
- User selected PLL can be displayed.
- Colors are now consistent.
(Download link in Main post-2007/10 only)

I'm using this on Excel 2011 for Mac. It loads fine and the Random Drill button works. But Ctrl-Q (or Open-Apple-Q) don't. And I can't figure out how to AUF. I assume these issues are because I'm on a Mac and using a newer version of Excel. But just wanted to flag it.

rishidoshi

WCA
2011DOSH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm using this on Excel 2011 for Mac. It loads fine and the Random Drill button works. But Ctrl-Q (or Open-Apple-Q) don't. And I can't figure out how to AUF. I assume these issues are because I'm on a Mac and using a newer version of Excel. But just wanted to flag it.

You can assign any shortcut key that you want. Jst go to Tools>Macro>Macros, Select "DRILL" and Options. (In Windows atleast)
For AUF, do you see 2 arrow buttons below the 'Previous' button? They are U and U'.

advincubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
You can assign any shortcut key that you want. Jst go to Tools>Macro>Macros, Select "DRILL" and Options. (In Windows atleast)

Yep -- that worked. Thanks.

For AUF, do you see 2 arrow buttons below the 'Previous' button? They are U and U'.

The arrows are there, yes. But clicking on them doesn't perform any function. Excel treats them like a graphic that can moved or edited....

rishidoshi

WCA
2011DOSH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The arrows are there, yes. But clicking on them doesn't perform any function. Excel treats them like a graphic that can moved or edited....
ok, within "sheet1" there are 2 macros. (May not be visible in the tools>macro list). There will be "SpinButton1_SpinDown" - For U and "SpinButton1_SpinUp" for U'.
Run them somehow and it will work. (I think you don't have the 'Control Toolbox' in your excel. Else the buttons would work.)

rishidoshi

WCA
2011DOSH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
rishidoshi said:
advincubing said:
rishidoshi said:
advincubing said:
Thank you for working on this and sending the PM with the download link. The new buttons are "active," but don't work -- I get a runtime 448 error.

You're welcome :) I have modified a little something. But can't test it.
Here it is. Does it work now?

Just back from a long road trip. This worked perfectly. I customized the macro keys and am all set. You can advertise this as Mac '11 compatible. Thank you!
Cool! thanks for the feedback.

Thanks avidcubing for the feedback in the PM. I've now added the Mac'11 (and possibly all non-MS) version link in the main post.

Hi ! Sorry for Re-Up this post, but i would like try this excel macro but when i launch DRILL the line Test = Evaluate(.Formula1) return error 13

I think the .Formula1 return other value than boolean (Test variable is boolean)