• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2.5 weeks since first solve... 36 seconds best time!

hube

hey guys,
just wanted to say thanks for the help on the forums, and a big shout out to Macky for his site. I'm currently doing the long f2l (not intuitive fridrich) and 2 step oll / 2 step pll and i got a time of 36 seconds last night (didn't have to permeate the last layer edges), the first sub-40 for me. On a typical solve I average from 47-52 seconds, and get over a minute only if I mess up bad. Just wanted to share my progress and say thanks.:)

-hube

hube

I know about 2 step oll, but how do you do 2 step pll?

EDIT: Also what is long f2l?

long fl is just what i call where you make the cross, insert the corners, and then do the middle edges with one of the two mirror algorithms, as opposed to inserting the fl corners and middle edges at the same time.

the two step permeate is where you do either the 3 corner rotate algorithm or the diagonal algorithm and then orient the edges with either the clockwise 3 edge algorithm, the anti-clockwise edge algorithm, the diagonal edge algorithm, or the cross edge algorithm.

dRaGoN

Lol nice job. I got a 33 second solve in the middle of my third week because of a PLL skip. Try to beat me and get a 22.39 average by 3 months. ^_^

Kolraz

WCA
2008WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know about 2 step oll, but how do you do 2 step pll?

EDIT: Also what is long f2l?

long fl is just what i call where you make the cross, insert the corners, and then do the middle edges with one of the two mirror algorithms, as opposed to inserting the fl corners and middle edges at the same time.

the two step permeate is where you do either the 3 corner rotate algorithm or the diagonal algorithm and then orient the edges with either the clockwise 3 edge algorithm, the anti-clockwise edge algorithm, the diagonal edge algorithm, or the cross edge algorithm.

Okay, thanks for the info. I am going to start learning some more aglorithms to get my last layer faster.

dRaGoN

Well, I don't have it yet. She's just worried because my cousin's hands are kind of disabled now from playing too much piano. It's probably in the genes for weak wrists/finger joints. -.-

martian

wow..........you're really good at cubing...........i've been cubing for more than half a year and just get an average of 60 sec.........

alltooamorous

I've been cubing for two months and wow we're near the same point. You're good. Are you asian? XD Just kidding just kidding. But good job and hope to see you get faster.