• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 2:35.48 7x7 single (Yau5)

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very nice!
Thanks!
Isn't that supposed to be yau7?
Nah, the method is called Yau5 because it was originally developed and used for 5x5; since I am using the same method without changing any steps or their order, I am still using "Yau5", just on a 7x7.
Excellent, more reason for me to stay with yau for 7x7. :)
:D
Good job! Why do you use so many thumb movements?
It's just how my finger tricks developed when using bad cubes back in the day. I am using them less now but getting rid of them entirely is a long process that may never end.

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome solve. I think the question "can Yau be world class on big cubes?" is answered.

Is that really a Yuxin like it says in the video description? Haven't seen one with black plastic yet.
Thanks! This solve had ~1:42 cross+centers, and I had a different solve with ~40 L8E+3x3 finish; while simply adding the two is a tad optimistic, it does show that 2:20s are theoretically possible. :)

Yes, it is a Yuxin - they sent me this one to test a few months ago. I'm not sure why they didn't release it together with the stickerless one, but they did tell me they would be out at some point (maybe soon, since they have started to release their bigger cubes in black recently).