• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 13.48 with NMCMLL & Pseudoblocks

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been solving a little differently recently. I can now start from one of four blocks, and I create non-matching blocks every few solves. (When it's useful, of course!) I'm in the process of learning hyperorientations to help with this. I've been trying to get a good example on video for a while, but my camera has been acting up a lot.

Anyway, here is a good example.

View comments, related videos and more

Last edited by a moderator:

desertbear

Woah, this is pretty interesting. How long did it take you get down to around this time when you started using this method?

P.S. Nice avatar :] Linux ftw

Athefre

Are you using adjacent blocks too or just opposite? Opposite block corners are easy to recognize. With COLL recognition, the colors are just switched depending on the case. Adjacent is where it takes too much time to recognize to be useful.

The good thing about staying with just opposite is you can take advantage of almost every good case you see while building the second block and the recognition time can be about the same as regular CMLL with practice. The only bad thing is that sometimes you'll have to do 1 extra move during the LSE, it can be done along with an M2 sometimes though.

Adjacent blocks don't seem worth it to me.

Last edited:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Woah, this is pretty interesting. How long did it take you get down to around this time when you started using this method?

Happened instantly. Really, it's just made some of my slow times faster because I have more options for blocks to build.

Is that kind of Pet-roux?

Nope :)

Is that kind of Pet-roux?

Um, or just mostly colour neutral Roux.

Nope :)

Blocks might look like this:
s4_def_1.gif

Are you using adjacent blocks too or just opposite? Opposite block corners are easy to recognize. With COLL recognition, the colors are just switched depending on the case. Adjacent is where it takes too much time to recognize to be useful.

Opposite. Adjacent isn't worth it, imo. It was hard enough to switch to opposite.

As for ending, it's usually just R2 or r2 instead of doing an M2.

Dirk BerGuRK

sry if i act like a noob ,
but i really dun know how it works
can anyone explain to me?..

Typically in a Roux solve, the left and right 1x2x3 blocks are solved such that they have the same bottom colors. In non matching Roux blocks, they are solved such that they don't. Some non matching users choose to just use opposite colors for their blocks (i.e. the bottom color could be red/orange, or blue/green) while others will choose any of the four colors for their blocks. The advantage of this system is that it allows the user build the blocks in less moves than sticking to one color. The disadvantage is that it makes it more difficult to recognize the last four corners (step 3). Also, if one uses full non matching blocks, orienting the edges can also be problematic (step 4a). Some like it, some don't.

powershotman

YouTube
Visit Channel
if the advantage of nm = [The advantage of this system is that it allows the user build the blocks in less moves than sticking to one color. ]

only

i will probably choose same bottom color ..yea, i dun like it ~~