• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 12.05 PB Reconstruction [Help & Tips appreciated]

cashis

just bc I like reconstructing
[12.05] U2 L B2 L B2 F2 R U2 L' D2 R D B' F' D' L2 U' B D2 B2 F2
generated with qqtimer

x y2
L F2 u' R' u R' /cross
L' U L/ 1st pair
U' R' U R y L' U' L/ 2nd
R' U' R U' R' U' R/ 3rd
U F' U' F/ 4th (could have been preserved with rotation + sledge)
R' M2 U' F' U F r U' M'/ awkward OLL
y R2 U' R' U' R U R U R U' R/ U cc PLL
47 moves, idk how to calculate tps lol
I know this isn't good, but since I didn't video maybe some tips can be given through this?
tips are really appreciated
ffffanksssss

Last edited:

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I went through the solve and there isn't really anthing that I found that was more finger tricky or less moves. I did everything either the same or similar. I guess the only thing I can help you with would be telling you how to calculate TPS. It is just number of moves divided by number of seconds. Also you forgot to count rotations as moves. You did two rotations, so 49/12.05=4.07 TPS. Unless you make a very obvious mistake or something very inefficient, it is hard to give tips based on a reconstruction. Also, when asking for tips on solves in the future it will be more helpful to you to use a normal or harder solve VS an easier one because you want to represent what an average solve for you is, to get tips on it instead of a fast one.

cashis

I went through the solve and there isn't really anthing that I found that was more finger tricky or less moves. I did everything either the same or similar. I guess the only thing I can help you with would be telling you how to calculate TPS. It is just number of moves divided by number of seconds. Also you forgot to count rotations as moves. You did two rotations, so 49/12.05=4.07 TPS. Unless you make a very obvious mistake or something very inefficient, it is hard to give tips based on a reconstruction. Also, when asking for tips on solves in the future it will be more helpful to you to use a normal or harder solve VS an easier one because you want to represent what an average solve for you is, to get tips on it instead of a fast one.

Thanks a lot! I'm mainly focusing on move efficiency rather than obvious mistakes but thanks for the feedback. I was just doing a few warmup solves and this happened, I was actually about to start recording :/
You make a good point about the difficulty of the scramble though, I didn't really consider that.

A PB is unlikely to be the best solve to get advice on, because it's not a normal solve for you. To get more useful advice, you should sit down and record an average. If you like reconstructing, then reconstruct the solves and post those with the video in the solve critique thread.