• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 10.29 Square-1 avg5 with 6.70 single!

TMarshall

WCA
2014MARS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
How worth it is CP parity would you say?

Don't, it's not worth it imo. If I remember correctly, someone did some math in the sq1 help thread that proved that CP into ep is about 1 slice more efficient. This is also not taking into account block preservation, which should drop the movecount even more. As long as you preserve blocks, you'll force lots of u-adj, which are really fast.

RandomDude

WCA
2012SZEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How worth it is CP parity would you say?

One of the biggest problems I had with learning CP parity it the massive learning curve, it took me quite a while to get used to the algorithms, as well as get used to the recognition involved with it. Once you get used to it, though, I feel it can definitely be a very useful algset.

Don't, it's not worth it imo. If I remember correctly, someone did some math in the sq1 help thread that proved that CP into ep is about 1 slice more efficient. This is also not taking into account block preservation, which should drop the movecount even more. As long as you preserve blocks, you'll force lots of u-adj, which are really fast.

Yeah this is one of the problems I've seen with CP parity currently, for some cases it doesn't seem like it would be as efficient as doing standard CP-EP. Also, the only parity EP i only know currently is Adj, so I'm at a loss when I get a CP skip into an EP parity case :p
The CP parity algorithms are really nice though (apart from N/N which I'm still having trouble executing), and it becomes very helpful once you can lookahead into EP from the alg. I feel a good compromise would be learning some easy parity EPs, like the U/adj algs and O perms, and using normal CP to get those when the CP parity alg would otherwise give you a sucky EP. I should probably learn a parity EP apart from Adj :p