• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 1 Year Delayed 3BLD Part 1: Memo (Sirwaffle)

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[video=youtube_share;ZKBxxC0wg7c]http://youtu.be/ZKBxxC0wg7c[/video]

I memorized a cube Jan 1st, 2015 around 1 am, and I plan to solve it blindfolded Jan 1st, 2016.(I waited a few days to upload the memo just in case I forgot really quickly I didn't want to look silly) I currently review the memo at least twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, my brother also frequently reminds me to review it to ensure I know it. Zane Carny Attempted doing this but has never uploaded the execution. Feel free to begin nagging me late Dec 2015 to remind lol. The cube is a White Huanying. wish me luck guys! :D

Zane's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvEZVRxnj0

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good luck!
1. memo as if you're doing an OP solve
2. switch to M2 halfway through the year
3. memo doesn't work and you fail on M slice targets and then find you've memorised your buffer letter
4. DNF
5. cry
;)

JasonDL13

WCA
2014LEWI02
The worse possible things that can happen:

-POP
-Pick the cube up in the wrong orientation
-Drop the cube
-Twist a corner
-Forget one letter and you don't know what to do while reviewing ;D

Really though: Good luck :)

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
I just thought of funny (and totally stupid) idea:

Every day of the year you memo 1 cube and next year you solve them all at once (or one a day whole year). That would be kind of cool :D

You wouldn't even need 365 cubes, but only 1 since you could just save the scrambles somewhere and always scramble the 1 cube between executions of each memoed cube :)

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Crazy idea: memorize a second cube for *ten* years from now?
Challenge Accepted :p
Are you using standard memo or doing something special? Also, maybe put a reminder on your door or something.
I just used a room That i don't use in my multi BLD attempts. And i made sure Everything was clear so i wouldn't mistake letters for other letters. And yeah, i might put a reminder on my door.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just thought of funny (and totally stupid) idea:

Every day of the year you memo 1 cube and next year you solve them all at once (or one a day whole year). That would be kind of cool :D

You wouldn't even need 365 cubes, but only 1 since you could just save the scrambles somewhere and always scramble the 1 cube between executions of each memoed cube :)

This would be thoroughly awesome.

michal 1279

WCA
2014MALE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Strange, so now there are at least 4 people doing long bld attempt (ZaneC, SirWaffle, cubeSandwich and also me - Michal Málek) :D

I guess soon others will join and start a battle about longest delay :D