• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

1 Body Cubing 2017 Pueblo, Colorado

Are you interested in attending?

• Total voters

Joel2274

So me and a fellow cuber, Tristan, are planning to hold a competition in Pueblo Colorado. It isn't official on the WCA site yet, but we're working with one of the delegates right now and it looks like it will either be May 20th or June 3rd, most likely the second. For those of you interested in coming, what events would you like to see? Our goal is to have some unusual events that you don't see often so that competitors may get any qualifying times they wants for worlds or nationals. We're still working out the details but it looks like this will be happening as long as everything goes smoothly in the planning process.
Looking forward to your thoughts!
Joel.

DTCuber

Sorry, I can't come :(, but can you hold 5 rounds of 7x7 :)?

EDIT: make it 6 thx

Last edited:

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
So me and a fellow cuber, Tristan, are planning to hold a competition in Pueblo Colorado. It isn't official on the WCA site yet, but we're working with one of the delegates right now and it looks like it will either be May 20th or June 3rd, most likely the second. For those of you interested in coming, what events would you like to see? Our goal is to have some unusual events that you don't see often so that competitors may get any qualifying times they wants for worlds or nationals. We're still working out the details but it looks like this will be happening as long as everything goes smoothly in the planning process.
Looking forward to your thoughts!
Joel.

This a great idea for a state that doesn't have many comps. I recently set up a competition in another place that has only had two(Maine), and everything has been going smoothly so far. The only problems I've had is the delegate and the venue. It has been a great experience though! I can't wait to go!

Of course I won't be able to come to yours.;):D

Draranor

Premium Member
WCA
2016REIC01
I most likely won't be able to go, due to how far it is, but I just wanted to mention that both of those dates will be too late to get qualifying times for nats; the final day to get qualifying times is may 8th

Joel2274

I most likely won't be able to go, due to how far it is, but I just wanted to mention that both of those dates will be too late to get qualifying times for nats; the final day to get qualifying times is may 8th
Oh...I did not know that because I'm not going to nats. But thank you so much for telling me. That brings me to another question: how many of you that are interested in this competition, will also be going to worlds? If it isn't a large number, I might reconsider what events we host.

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
I cant come cuz i live in india but you should hold a 2x2 only comp. Just saying.

lol sry

Also, I guess you should put some events that people in your area frequently do. The common ones are 2x2, 3x3, Pyra. Again it depends on the time you have and you could add more events like 4x4 and OH too. I guess you could put some tentative event as well.

Joel2274

So right now we are deciding if we should have clock as the less common event, but we don't know if there are enough people interested, (getting estimates like this is difficult because not everyone that looks at the WCA competition map looks at the forums as well.)
So if any of you would do clock, please either let me know in this thread, or pm me so it doesn't flood everyone's feed. Also, feel free to answer even if you aren't going to make it to the competition, just so I can have a better estimate of how popular an event clock is.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
I can't come because I live in zimbabwe but you should do 3x3 relay with nose just a suggestion

I will be able to make it. Yay!

I don't like clock. I was pretty pissed that they didn't host pyraminx at Longmont.

I would sign up for 2-4, pyra, skewb, and if i can learn it mega.

I love the idea of a comp in Pueblo, will definitely open doors for cubers in that area. Now we need another Colorado Springs comp, lol.

Last edited:

Joel2274

I can't come because I live in zimbabwe but you should do 3x3 relay with nose just a suggestion

I will be able to make it. Yay!

I don't like clock. I was pretty pissed that they didn't host pyraminx at Longmont.

I would sign up for 2-4, pyra, skewb, and if i can learn it mega.

I love the idea of a comp in Pueblo, will definitely open doors for cubers in that area. Now we need another Colorado Springs comp, lol.

Sweet. To be honest, I don't even own a clock puzzle. Just decided to have an unusual event. Also yeah, a lot of people like pyra for some reason but I hate it lol. Idk why it wasn't at Longmont but I put it in this comp anyway since everyone loves it. Also we won't be having mega.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Sweet. To be honest, I don't even own a clock puzzle. Just decided to have an unusual event. Also yeah, a lot of people like pyra for some reason but I hate it lol. Idk why it wasn't at Longmont but I put it in this comp anyway since everyone loves it. Also we won't be having mega.

Alright. Do you guys have a date? I might me able to come now. My parents planned a trip to Arizona over memorial day weekend and I will see if I can do another date if it is not that.